Repurposing Mirage OMNI 60’s? Klipsch Arrive Tomorrow

Benjie

My first Klipsch aquasition arrives tomorrow! What should I do with my beloved Mirage 60’s? I bought them new in 03’. They have served me well. Could they become my rears? Overkill or just right??

Edit: Just bought a pair of Chorus ii’s from a member here!!! The Mirage will not be used in my new setup!!

IMG_0103.jpg

Edited by Benjie
  • Thanks 1

I love the way Migage Omni speakers “throw” the sound out. These would be a great option for surrounds, especially once that Onkyo is properly calibrated.

These are just fine but eventually, if you are anything like many here, upgrading to a matching 5.1 will happen as budget allows. I would upgrade that subwoofer, before anything else but that is an entirely different conversation;)

• Like 1

=== having owned, still do actually, the much larger Mirage OM7 you might find the presentation of each speaker very different. Not so sure how well the omni vs horn soundstage would blend together. On the other hand and the way they throw a soundstage you might be fine for rear stage speakers — 

• Like 1