I need some advice please....

Orange Peel

Well, I talked with my buddy about the Klipsch deal he can get, and it looks like I will be getting the RF-7's, AMAZING deal! Anways, I don't know if it's a good idea. Here's why...

1.) I proabably won't have enough money to get the RC-7 right away, so I would be using my RC-3 as the center until then.

2.) I will be using my RS-3's for surrounds, I think they would be better than the RF-3's because of my room setup in the new house.

3.) Not sure if the RF-7's will blow me away in sound difference compared to RF-3's, will it be that much better to justify spending the money on them?

4.) Thinking about just buying a new set of RF-3II's, and a RC-3II, and seeing how much money I have left for an amp for a 6.1 setup, or possbily 7.1.

I really REALLY want the RF-7's, but I just want to have some Klipscher's support or advice to make sure it's gonna be a good decision.

Any help will be greatly appreicated!!!!

Uhh...Orangepeel. C'mon man, what the heck are you thinking? The RF7's are in a completely different league than the RF3's. I mean, we are really talking apples and orangepeels here.

If you can get a good deal on the 7's - BUY THE 7's!

Then start saving for your RC7.

I know I know... I just want to be 110% sure about it, know what I mean? I LOVE the RF-7's, they're insane, but I'm just worried that the 7's won't mix well with the RC-3 and RS-3's. I will have to CRANK up the db's on the RC-3 to blend with the RF-7's for sure, but I already have the the RS-3's at +6db's to match the rest of the system, I may have to max them out at +10db's. We'll see I guess. I'll have to check and see what the RC-7 will cost, maybe I will "squeeze" that in.

Thanks Deang, I knew I can count on my fellow Klipsch family! 1.gif

It may be a little difficult to get a perfect "blend" as far DB's go -- but I believe sonic "signature" wise, it should be O.K. All those speakers do use driver types made from the same material.

Maybe I'm being a dunce here, but can't you also adjust the output of mains down? I don't know much about HT receivers. If you can dial the 7's down a little, and the other channels up a little --

The 7's are the bomb. Heck, you'll probably end up basking in 2-channel before you know it.

Everyone always criticizes me for knocking Heritage, saying I just haven't heard them set up correctly, or being pushed by the "right" electronics.

Well, I can say the same thing about them. Their judgement of RF7's primarily comes from cursory exposure in dealer showrooms. Wait till you get these things home. No tweaking or fretting about fixing this or fixing that -- just stand them up and Jam!

I want to hear Heritage in the proper set up. Sure. But you can't imagine what it would take to de-throne the 7's. They are simply to my ears, some of the best sounding speakers I have ever heard -- and I've been doing this for almost 30 years.

Just checked out your receiver. Very nice. My favorite spec is the 45 amps of "High Instantaneous Current Capability". That is a SERIOUS 75 wpc. Your RF7's are going to love you.

Howdy peel.

I travelled down the same path as you.

When I started with the RF3s, I thought it was enough.

It wasn't.9.gif

I promptly moved up in the ranks until I peaked out at RF7 madness.

It's a nice place to be.

You gotta be gentle with the grilles, though. LOL. LMFAO.9.gif

Anyway,

With a set of RF7s you would greatly enhance your 2 channel experience.

*Beware, the RF7s can have quite a "bite" in small rooms, be prepared for room treatment.

I'm glad to see you enjoying your Klipsch.

It sure is tempting to upgrade, isn't it?2.gif

Deang - Thanks for the words! I think I will really enjoy the Rf-7's! I have been wanting more out of my RF-3's for 2 channel music, largely wanting more volume, I have to crank up my RF-3's to get the volume I want when listening to music, hopefully the RF-7's will be more than enough to cover that area 1.gif

Audio Flynn - Thanks buddy, I totally forgot about setting the RF-7's down a little to help out the blending issue. DUH! 2.gif And I hear ya on the surrounds, I was missing out on so much material until I got the SPL meter because my surrounds were barely working, I turned up the db's, A LOT to set them right and WOW, there's the surround I wasn't hearing. I wonder why it's so damn low compared to the rest?

Audioreality - I'm glad someone else has been in my shoes 2.gif The RF-3 is GREAT, but I want the best and the RF-7 is it right now, so I have to get them at the discount! I bet the RF-7's are amazing, I can't wait to hear them in my house! What's wrong with the grilles? Did you break some? 1.gif I don't mind a little "bite", I love the sound Klispch has and can't wait to crank the RF-7's up!! It sure is tempting to upgrade! I have been CONSTANTLY upgrading ever since I got into HT on Father's Day THIS YEAR! 9.gif I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

Some contend that Klipsch

Are bad for the the body and bad for the soul

Bad for the heart, bad for the mind,

Bad for the deaf, and bad for the blind

Makes some men crazy and then they act like fools

Some men crazy, and then they start to drool

Unscrupulous operators could confuse

Exploit and deceive the reflex theories and change the probabilities

It's a crass and rockous crackas place

With Pavlov on the the human race

It's a terrible illness, it's a terrible case

And it's usually permanent when it takes place

LOL...and Lowell George

Believe it or not they have more bass!

But not as close on the high end as the Klipschorns!

Yes the RF-7s have more bass, BUT, it is still not the folded horn bass i hear, that is entirely different all together!

Both speakers fire at the back wall, the RF-7 have 2 ports at the bottom, and the Klipschorn has the slot along the back of the bass cabinet all the way up!

The Klipschorn has a more solid bass, with 1 firing bass driver, as the RF-7s have 2!

Also there is a difference having the bass drivers at your face, than having them behind the motorboard like the Klipschorns!

Its weird, they just sound so different, than the rest!

Kinda like having the bass in the trunk, and the mids and tweeters in the car itself, follow me?

You get the rumble of the bass, and the boom, if no signal, then youll only get the high end in the sound, in the car!

So the Klipschorns separate the 2 sounds completely, as like the trunk, and the in the car sound!

I know car audio, it might be the only way to explain this theory!

RF-7s will cruise right along with cornwalls, the only higher hand with cornwalls, is the mid driver!

Regards JIM

1.gif

Word to the wise

Always keep in mind the when your demoing a speaker to buy, somewhere somehow they always have a sub going along with them, weather its behind the listening wall, or under the display area, they do this to get a sale, then when you get them home there half of what you heard, ever happen to anyone here!

When i was listening to the RF-7s they had a Velodine sub on with them, were all the subs off, they do this to make a sale!

Jim1.gif

all i have to say is if my friend had the rf-7's and was going to give me a deal, i would throw away my stuff and buy the 7's. They are so amazing. I am a huge fan of bose, unlike most of the rest of the audiophiles here, so I am a huge fan of the 701's which i think are absoluley amazing, and let me tell you the klipsch rf 7's blow the 701's away with bass, the clarity i think is equal, but the bass just kills the 701's, i would go for the rf7's sel your other stuff use the left over to buy the center, save some money buy the rears and call it good

I bought a pair of KG4s in 1990 and just sold them a couple of months ago because I was upgrading my home theater system. I never second guessed myself when it came to the main 2 speakers let alone the rear speakers either, I bought the best of the best, I have 4 RF7s and a RC7 for my speakers. I am waiting for my Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, check out sunfire.com, to come in to run my system and it is 200x7. Never second guess yourself when it comes to owning the best.