Type AA crossovers on ebay $400. Uhh....seriously?

avguytx

@Deang  This doesn't look like your quality work..... ;)

WTH is up with the extra small resistors and things not connected?  Looks like someone found them in a closet after 30 years and also used some of those Russion NOS PIO caps, or something similar, on them, too.  Sheesh... 

No obvious affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233113949211?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

11 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Looks like someone found them in a closet after 30 years

If they were in a closet at least they might be clean.  Those look like they came out of a dirty garage and the Seller didn't even bother to clean them off before taking a picture.

The $400 is BIN and the price looks like a sucker search.  Then there is "Make Offer"  which is what the Seller is probably expecting to use to make his sale.   I don't know what I'd offer for some unproven untested DIY modded Type AA's.  It looks like a pretty big risk at any price.

+++

I just browsed his other items for sale.  It looks like he found an old theater and is parting out the components, no whole speakers or cabinets.  Several of those were dirty and dusty as well.

How about a USED pair of AL crossovers for 250?

You could use them to replace a MORE used pair of AL crossovers, just before you replace them with something better, for the same price, or less, much less...

Now I wonder what I could get for mine?

It takes all kinds.

Caveat emptor.

3C8F9D55-EF18-4BA9-B50A-81FDB196F461.png

Partially wired Charge Coupled AA’s. Notice the 9v battery holder. This also explains the resistor(s). 

Someone should offer $200 and finish the build. 

DJK used to buy a lot of those capacitors. Hermetically sealed, with glass liners. 

• 2 weeks later...