I think these Heresys will go well with my La Scalas!

JohnKuthe

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

With that amp, it could result in smokin' the woofers... not even related the the Phase Linear reputation of being called Flame Linears due to their design. 🙄

I know!! Of course I would have to attenuate the RCA signals to the Flame Linear 400 and thus their output to the Heresys! And I want to get a decent Graphical Equalizer to curve the Heresy's outputs towards the bass end of the audio spectrum! I do it already with my preamps Bass control.

Yes, I've heard of Bob Carver's quesionable design of the Flame Linear Line!

John Kuthe...

2 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I missed the posting, can you post pics? 

Not yet!! My Macintrash is NOT so good about getting pics off my "Android HTC Desire 610" device that I use strictly as a digital camera, because it's NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING!!! It;s a Foundling and interfaces PERFECTLY with my PC via USB! Std to Micro USB! My Macbook PRO is Android STUPID!! It only likes interfacing with iCrap of Android is NOT i-one of!!

John Kuthe...

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

It's almost easier to email photos or send them through text messaging.  Then save them on the phone.

I don't HAVE A "PHONE"!! Not a cell phone anyway! I do NOT want to be that contactable!

I've got desktop portable phone over the Internet with Basictalk.com . And a stupid little Flip Phone via Puretalk for when I NEED a cell phone! Like finding the Craigslist seller of a pair of $500 Heresys! :-)

John Kuthe...

On 4/27/2019 at 11:56 AM, Marvel said:

With that amp, it could result in smokin' the woofers... not even related the the Phase Linear reputation of being called Flame Linears due to their design. 🙄

I had one of those amps back in the day. Used it for an arc welder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

I had one of those amps back in the day. Used it for an arc welder.

My Flame Linear 400 is on hiatus right now. I need another set of audiophile stereo RCA cables for it's inputs from the preamp in the other room!! Right now I'm running my La Scalas, my Heresys and JBL Control X outdoor speakers through my ADCOM 3 way Speaker Switch from my McIntosh MC2015 Solid State 105wpc Power Amp! Pretty cool! I can listen to any or all three speaker systems selectably!

John Kuthe...