Rippers....

Coytee

Looking to copy some disks (CD, DVD and Blue Ray) so I can yank some of the soundtracks and put them on my Ipod for use while outside mowing.

This is for personal use (in case that matters)...

I'm NOT looking to copy the video content, just want the audio.  If it does video, that's simply an idle "plus" to me....  

Anyone have any suggestions?  Been looking at some via general Google search.  Some are free, some cost.  I don't mind paying....  I'd just want it to do what I'm looking for it to do!  (mainly audio rips from Blue Rays)

You might get a kick out of this....

I'm ripping some CD's.  Plugged my Ipod into my PC......and for the LIFE of me, I totally forget what to do and how to synch them up!!

It's probably been 10/12 years since I've messed with this (my Ipod info said it was 2009)

I'll figure it out, just laughing at myself and my ignorance.

19 minutes ago, Coytee said:

You might get a kick out of this....

I'm ripping some CD's.  Plugged my Ipod into my PC......and for the LIFE of me, I totally forget what to do and how to synch them up!!

It's probably been 10/12 years since I've messed with this (my Ipod info said it was 2009)

I'll figure it out, just laughing at myself and my ignorance.

don't feel bad ... I was asked my phone number and couldn't remember it.  I forgot the name of one of my grandkids ... well, there are 12 of them! (oh yeah, I did remember it later). 

• Confused 1

Glad I'm not alone...

I THINK I've got the transfer process finally figured out.  Will know shortly after I give it some time to see if it worked.  I was expecting something to watch progress so I still might have messed it up.

34 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Not to be pedantic, but the first iPad was only introduced in January of 2010.

My bad...  it's the 160 Gig Ipod, not pad

I got things working finally.  Not sure what I did to get it transferring, but it's done.

• Haha 1

Found a ripper that does DVD's (I think it said it also does BR's.  You can download a trial version which I did.  Can't yet figure out how to pull just the sound track.  I was EASILY able to rip the video files but, I really don't want those.

30 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

This does what you want when pulling off of Youtube:

Haven't tried that but have used y2mate with success . It will give you the option of downloading the video or just audio . Comes in handy for one off items or songs that are not available through common streaming services ; Apple Music in my case .

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Not to be pedantic, but the first iPad was only introduced in January of 2010.

perhaps, but does anyone really know what year it is in Tennessee?

When I did a tour in Michigan, coming from Los Angeles, I was in culture-shock.  I had a friend from LA come to visit and we're driving around town and he says, "Now I know where everything goes when it goes out of style." 

• Like 1