My mother wants a Bose wave radio for Christmas.

Big Bean

Your stuck. The customer is always right.So who else has been buying more of our boloney stories since birth than good old Mom.Get her the Bose ,light up a cigar with a hundred dollar bill after Christmas dinner and don't let the tears in your beer get it too salty. 9.gif

You don't think you can convince your mom in 4 1/2 weeks that K-horns, SET, and vinyl are the way to go?

Hmmm.

Of course, it might only take 4 1/2 minutes after she hears that radio.

I bet she listens to Paul Harvey.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, there is nothing like the Bose Wave Radio. It's simply amazing how Bose technology can make something the size of a mustardseed -- and completely fill a concert hall with beautiful music. There is no longer any reason to have a stereo system taking up valuable space in your home -- as the Bose Wave Radio sounds so much better, and isn't any larger than a toaster. The sound of the Bose Wave Radio is so real, that you will not be able to distinguish between it and life musicians. It is like having the musicians playing right next to you. Imagine how your friends will react when you tell them that the Concert quality sound they are hearing -- is coming from the toaster, uhh, I mean...Bose Wave Radio."

We may have to ban you from the Forum for helping to proliferate the non-sense. 2.gif

What's so bad about simply asking your mother if she would like a similar radio that's supposed to sound even better?

If she's really stuck on the Bose name, get her that.

Otherwise get her the better product.

Asking the question doesn't somehow make you a bad son, just a caring one.

P.S. Page 105 in the new Sound & Vision has an ad that shows the new SoundWorks model with a front slot-loading CD player instead of the pop-up lid. Pretty slick and still $350. The ad says that it is available November 2002, but it doesn't show up on the website yet.

I'm glad Big Bean is getting her the Bose. Look, we all pretty much agree that there are other products which are both better and cheaper. That said, Bose is what she WANTS.

How would any of us like it if we asked our spouse/parents to get us a pair of RS-3's but they got the Cambridge Soundworks cubes instead? They figure they sound really good and they're so small. 'I'm sure that's the better choice because who in their right mind would want big speakers all over the place?'

If that doesn't convince you then how about this? Your mother changed your diapers for you, got up to feed you in the middle of the night, and made your needs her top priority for many years. Get her what she WANTS!

>>Do the Cambridge cubes sound better than RS3's? If so, excellent analogy.<<

The point of the analogy was to illustrate the fact some people have other things they hold to be more important than audio quality. There might be other, more important, reasons besides quality of sound that cause her to want Bose. Those shouldn't be disregarded. You are correct on one point. He should at least ask her why she wants Bose. If she still wants it after that conversation then that is what she should get. Not everyone cares about the sound, they just want to hear something playing.

Hey Guys Sharpen your Darts!

I have BOSE WAVE CD/RADIO on my bedroom night stand that I use as a alarmmclock/radio/cdplayer. Of course, I paid some stupid amount of money on it, but I LOVE it. My main criticism of it, is that I have to keep it out of the kitties nocturnal traveling path (All of the buttons are on the top).

Bean -

If you get her something different than what she asked for...You are doomed! If you do any form of stubstitution and she has any problems with anything it will because you did not buy her EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTED..Believe me....Carol1.gif