Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
EmilC

College Football 2020

Recommended Posts

Nick and Urban?  They have just a bit of history btwn them yanno.  hahaha  Research that one in your spare time and you'll see an even bigger picture.  They're both alike.  No love lost w/OSU either since Nick was an assistant under Earle Bruce til Bruce fired him.  hahaha  OSU just lost Greg Mattison their Co-D coordinator to retirement and Urban poached prolly one of the best player personnel dudes in the country but said he's not touching anyone else.  Coach Day has that part under control but is more concerned with portal transfers and the recruiting class of 2021, which is LOADED already.  2022 is also loaded w/a couple guys who should have a definite impact.  Fields is gone along w/Sermon, linebacker, few linemen and our DE's.  We're covered but looking at LB's and D-backs for the most part.  Ex NFL coaches are a lot like EX wives.  That's why they're EX's.  Not worried about Nick @ all.  Rumors now the AD Gene Smith is talked about as becoming the PAC-12 commish.  IMO that's a good thing.  They can have him.  He's more about making money for the college at the players/fans expense, which sucks cause it's NOT the NFL like he thinks it is.  Uni's listen though and want that cause it's all about the money.  Off season now and to be quite honest with Covid?  Not much of a sport season at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

making money for the college at the players/fans expense

That's what it has always been about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

making money for the college at the players/fans expense

 

Absolutely, but it's not all bad. An instate all in 4 year college degree from Alabama cost $125,000.00, so lets not feel too sorry for the players.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

 

Absolutely, but it's not all bad. An instate all in 4 year college degree from Alabama cost $125,000.00, so lets not feel too sorry for the players.

 

Yeah, I get that.  A lot also pay with their bodies that affects them the rest of their lives.  It is a tradeoff they should be aware of.  The cost of an education is another topic.  It is nothing short of ridiculous these days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah, I get that.  A lot also pay with their bodies that affects them the rest of their lives.  It is a tradeoff they should be aware of.  The cost of an education is another topic.  It is nothing short of ridiculous these days.

I heard about a grade school in Manhattan with a 75k a year price tag, the parents will have a few million in schooling at that rate if the little heathen goes to college.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I heard about a grade school in Manhattan with a 75k a year price tag, the parents will have a few million in schooling at that rate if the little heathen goes to college.

If they are that rich the heathen will definitely go to college if he doesn't OD first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The education of the rich is not the problem, even if they don't really get one.  The education of the rest of the country is what will help us get away from belief versus facts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...