Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Kain

I believe Dec 16th is release date. Trailers are on the web. Looks great! The Two Towers is actually my favorite book of the trology. I find it amusing that none of the trailers or ads show anything about the Ents. I think they must be saving some good effects.

I really want to see this... but my dad doesn't believe in movies with that magic/mysticism stuff. Anything with a wizard/witch/whatever he hates. I recently saw LOTR on the bus coming home from Washington DC, it was pretty good, though I missed the awesome sound effects everyone said it had. I wanna see it at home so I can enjoy it, but I can't buy it cause my dad will get mad. 8.gif I think I will get it anyway... he can just live with it, cause it is a good movie...

But gosh darn them for the ending. I was sitting there waiting to see what happens and bam the credits come on. grrrrr

Which reminds me... I need to buy LOTR and AOTC... my mom has nothing against LOTR and said I was old enough to make my own decisions about movies... so... 9.gif

i just bought the extended version of the dvd, and saw the two bonus discs, one of the guys was like: "if people thought the first movie was big, i can't imagine what they're going to think when they see the second one".

by the way those two discs have like seven hours of material on them, and they are actually very enjoyable for anyone who loved the movie. it's hilarious when they start talking about each other.

on the first dvd (the one that came out in august) there is a ten minute preview of the two towers on the second disc. i watched about three minutes of it and turned it off, i tought it was giving too much away.

The Two Towers will clock in at just one minute shy of 3 hours... Dec. 18.

I am anxious, but have become afraid of my untimely demise before The Return of the King is released December 2003.

These films are going to become an integral part of the feel of the Christmas season... I envy my daughter, who will have as part of her childhood memories the 2001 to 2003 LOTR holiday seasons. I also dread the sense of loss and sorrow after the final installment is released.

• 2 weeks later...