Covid eyes??

Coytee

Story goes that my wife's nephew....a precocious little fella when he was young....  I think he was something like 5 years old (?)

Went somewhere with his father.  It was crowded.  During process of walking wherever they were going, he reached up to grab his fathers hand....  only to find out it was a total strangers hand he was grabbing and the stranger was maybe 6' tall to his 4'6"....  he stood there staring up at the giant who's hand he was holding....and said one word.

PUNK!

Yes, he was calling the giant a punk.  No idea what/why.  But when you see a child say that, it's cute and funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glad to hear that you’re home and feeling better. Boy I hate being in a hospital for any reason. Salmonella can be in or outside of an egg. Just assume anything having to do with a chicken is infected. Unsure how your crohn’s medications impacted the event. Yup, food poisoning will really make you appreciate being healthy. I’ve heard that food poisoning is why we should pray before each meal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

So you were know as “BigStewMan” way back then? So when you called on in elementary school the teacher would address you as “BigStewMan” ? Lot of respect given —

BigStewMan is a title thrust on me ... like King or Emperor.  When i was in school the teachers weren’t allowed to talk or look at me. Actually, you’d be surprised at how many teachers said Mr. and my last name. 

I have 12 Grandchildren and i’ve suggested that every one of them be named Supervisor O’Boyle. I told my kids, imagine them being in school and the teacher having to call them Supervisor ... that would be a name that commands respect.  None of the kids took my advice. 

20 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

BigStewMan is a title thrust on me ... like King or Emperor.  When i was in school the teachers weren’t allowed to talk or look at me. Actually, you’d be surprised at how many teachers said Mr. and my last name. 

I have 12 Grandchildren and i’ve suggested that every one of them be named Supervisor O’Boyle. I told my kids, imagine them being in school and the teacher having to call them Supervisor ... that would be a name that commands respect.  None of the kids took my advice. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 3:44 PM, BigStewMan said:

I remember being a little boy and my Grandma set me on her knee and said, "BigStewMan, one day chickens will rise up and rule the world if we're not careful  Wash the eggs like it has the Corona Virus."

Yes, this ^^^^

Salmonella is obviously the worse of the two main types of food poisoning obviously.

Chickens are descended from reptiles and carry Salmonella on there bodies just like handling a snake.

You should wash raw chicken, and eggs and your hands after touching and before cooking.

It is noteworthy to tell you that chickens lay eggs with a protective coating. 

As you may remember, my best friend owns a 400,000 chicken egg farm.

As I previously stated; here in the US, we wash this coating off, but over in Europe they do not was the eggs and leave this coating on and wash it off directly before cooking.

Eggs with this coating left on can be kept at room temperature for up to a month and one half without going bad.

Glad you got past this Richard.

Rog

• Like 1