Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Alexander

Klipsch Cornwall type C-WO- 15 Vintage Speakers - $1050 (Dallas)

Recommended Posts

These speakers are Vertical Cornwalls ----but they have been modified with Cornwall 1 crossovers ----and the K53 MIDS - and k77 M tweeters

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RandyH said:

These speakers are Vertical Cornwalls ----but they have been modified with Cornwall II crossovers ----and the K53 MIDS - and k77 M tweeters

 

You most defiantly know more than I on the CWs – I will catch on eventually with the older stuff. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually ,all that is original in these Cornwall Vertical 1973 speakers are the cabinets/ grilles /badges /and the  K600 mids metal horn ---- the woofer/mids/highs/crossover B3 are from a pair of  late production Cornwall 1 speakers -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, RandyH said:

Actually ,all that is original in these Cornwall Vertical 1973 speakers are the cabinets/ grilles /badges /and the  K600 mids metal horn ---- the woofer/mids/highs/crossover B3 are from a pair of  late production Cornwall II speakers -

 

They look nice, and RandyH is correct about the updates.  While true originality would be preferable, they’re still worth the asking price.  It would be nice if the original components were available and included, but I doubt it.

 

47456C9D-2CC4-4CFC-BB9D-3B1EE2DE26AE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in Dallas and looking for some CWs as an upgrade from Heresy IIs.   With the modifications are these worth taking a run at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OC71 said:

I’m in Dallas and looking for some CWs as an upgrade from Heresy IIs.   With the modifications are these worth taking a run at?

 

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

 

 

They look nice, and RandyH is correct about the updates.  While true originality would be preferable, they’re still worth the asking price.  It would be nice if the original components were available and included, but I doubt it.

 

 

-Yes , and DizRotus may shime  in -

 

-The mods make a pair of 1973 CornwalL  Vertical  into a  Cornwall 1  1983-1985 , they can be laid on their sides if needed which is unique to the Verticals ----

-the mods are a newer woofer K33E  -K77M tweeter- K53 midrange and a B3 Crossover-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RandyH said:

 

-Yes , and DizRotus may shime  in -

 

-The mods make a pair of 1973 Cornwall 1 Verticals  into a  Cornwall 2  1983-1985

Cornwall 1's were still in production thru 1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Factory purchased update? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Budman said:

Cornwall 1's were still in production thru 1985

 

 

I stand corrected -  tx Budman  ----

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OC71 said:

With the modifications are these worth taking a run at?

Price drop 950$ --under a1k$ is a no-brainer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...