La Scala grill trim

ricktate

i just finished one grill trim made with oak base shoe moulding,,,,looks great dont use 1/4 round trim,,, base shoe moulding looks better.looks exactly like i remember it did on newer LaScalas i saw years ago.the grill i got from Klipsch comes with new emblem and looks great....rick2.gif

base shoe, or quarter round(as I still call it) is what they went to when they began to offer up the kits for the LaScalas. Prior to the use of a removable top grille panel on them, the grille cloth was stapled on and covered by that flat "screen door moulding" with the slightly rounded over edges...that was put on with brads over the stapled edges of the grille cloth. The same technique was used when putting grille cloth on the old "flush-front" Decorator Cornwalls mde from before early 1978, and the "flush-front" Decorator Heresys made from before mid 1977.

• 4 months later...

Hey nice job on your LaScalas...i wished i would have done that years ago,maybe mine would not have all the kid caused chips in the wood now...lol..oh well they still sound great thats all that really matters.Hope to fix them up sometime.How old are yours.....Rick10.gif

My LaScalas are 1987 models with a modified type A custom built crossover network. I'm driving them with a Denon AVR-3803 receiver and use a Hersey based custom center channel for "timbre" matching in the HT system. I just finished the center last week. After I give it a more diverse "hearing", I may give some comments on it.

My brother calls it a "Frankenstein", but I swear you can't see the stitches and bolts.9.gif