Heritage Heresy Facelift

AndreG.

The second chassis done as well.

IMG_2443.jpg.e37579b3c5d0ad065cf7366c8cc947eb.jpg

Sealed the squawkers and woofers against the cabinets, tweeters no, not enough of a rim to put this tape on. I hope the tweets have a tight fit by tightening the screws.

IMG_2444.thumb.jpg.d88235d9474a20072f3eca8d7a832714.jpg

IMG_2445.thumb.jpg.f489486e89263d87e25922b371fbdd55.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg.749e3c87ed65b5ed7b9986bb1ee4f548.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get the obsession with bass. Then again I listened to music on an iMac for a decade. :D

I feel the current remastering fad of older recordings that increase the bass so much it ruins the tune for me. I liked (even loved a few) the songs the way they were delivered the first time. I'm sure some recordings weren't so good the first time and trying to fix the deficiencies is OK. However changing them to the point it takes a few measures for me to recognize them is just too much.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I immedeately noticed, that sealing the cabinet didn´t get me more low end. Well, Heresy Mk1 is no bass-monster, we all know that.

If you want better bass, overall better midrange definition and handoff to the mid horn,  without porting the cabinet, get a pair of Eminence Deltalite II 2512 woofers and do a simple woofer swap. Not cheap, just so good!

3 hours ago, geezin' said:

I don't get the obsession with bass. Then again I listened to music on an iMac for a decade. :D

I feel the current remastering fad of older recordings that increase the bass so much it ruins the tune for me. I liked (even loved a few) the songs the way they were delivered the first time. I'm sure some recordings weren't so good the first time and trying to fix the deficiencies is OK. However changing them to the point it takes a few measures for me to recognize them is just too much.

Oh, don´t get me wrong. If I wanted them to go realy deep, I would go the way Claude suggested (thanks by the way!). I was just surprised nothing changed at all, or so I think. As I said, it took half a year before I got the tweeters back and I´m not really shure how deep they went in the first place.

If I want Ooomph, I just switch to the RF3s and I get it. I know Bass isn´t the Heresys forte, I use them for the delicate stuff, Jazz, Classics and the like. I have the Klipsch SW bass-box in the other room and once I´m done with the TT I´m working on now, I will repair and re-veneer that. The SW will go with the Heresy then. 

I´m 100% with You concerning remixing of old albums!

• Like 2