AC Capacitors Test (air conditioning)

billybob

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

More like 10x

About 20 years ago I started buying my own AC capacitors on ebay. Price is usually between $20 and $30 bucks nowadays. I learned the hard way after being shafted $300 for a 15 min.  visit and a $15 part swap. When I discovered the cost of the real cost of the capacity I was livid. This was back in the late 1990's. God forbid what they charge nowadays for such a simple job.

Yes they are all crooks. I have to agree.

25 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yes they are all crooks. I have to agree.

You're paying for the part.  You're paying for someone to either get the part or tie up his money stocking the part.  You're paying for his time.  You're paying for the use of his vehicle.  You're paying the person who does his bookeeping.  You're paying for him to have a license.  Most of all you're paying for his knowledge.  If you're not smart enough to do it yourself or don't have the time this is where you're at.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You're paying for the part.  You're paying for someone to either get the part or tie up his money stocking the part.  You're paying for his time.  You're paying for the use of his vehicle.  You're paying the person who does his bookeeping.  You're paying for him to have a license.  Most of all you're paying for his knowledge.  If you're not smart enough to do it yourself or don't have the time this is where you're at.

And to send his kid to Harvard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

And to send his kid to Harvard.

... only to learn he'd make more money as an hvac tech.

• Like 1

Thanks again.

Well, the air fan only on the on mode at thermostat. Thought

I had success, but another bug

to sort. Auto fan, not working

mode. Back to the sorting tommorow. Tonight, just glad

to have A/C... cheers.

35 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thanks again.

Well, the air fan only on the on mode at thermostat. Thought

I had success, but another bug

to sort. Auto fan, not working

mode. Back to the sorting towirmmorow. Tonight, just glad

to have A/C... cheers.

great job ---------could be a  fan relay , did you try tapping on the thermostat in the auto mode ------

• Like 1

Just now, RandyH000 said:

great job ---------could be a  fan relay , did you try tapping on the thermostat

No not yet. Figure since bought a new one, would let it be for now.

Relay sounds like maybe associated, will see. For now, enjoying some libation s and

happy to say cooling it.

Thanks Randy (Pro......)!

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

No not yet. Figure since bought a new one, would let it be for now.

Relay sounds like maybe associated, will see. For now, enjoying some libation s and

happy to say cooling it.

Thanks Randy (Pro......)!

sometimes a weak run capacitor will do that -----but you got a new run capacitor ---all is left is the control board and the relay--or wiring

• Like 1