NHL RESTART

oldtimer

Oh well another shot at it today. Tough when you are playing against two teams at once!

Then you extort $25k from the coach that you refused to tell him what the f'n penalty was??

And threaten him with that amount again if he open his mouth about YOU Breaking The RULES!!!

Seen bad officiating before but not quite like this! Lee you're an ***. Hope they check you bank accounts to find the irregular large deposits.

Stick broken by a slash right in front of you and no penalty?

Then you call a hold when there is none on that "victim" a minute later?

And what constitutes a hand pass? What gets a stoppage whistle? That one play where both happened, hand pass and goalie covers the puck on the ice!

Just the facts. Yes we had a shot to win after that, they did get the Presidents Trophy for the "season" ahem.

Shouldn't have to play against two teams to win one game though!

Lotsa Love for Canada here lately, the ref deflated mine yesterday.

How long has it been since the Stanley Cup has had a home in Canada!

:tongue:  :lol:  🤬

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Lotsa Love for Canada here lately, the ref deflated mine yesterday.

How long has it been since the Stanley Cup has had a home in Canada!

:tongue:  :lol:  🤬

nothing to do with Canada  ,  Boston  is not a Canadian team , Tortorella was fined  in  January against Chicago  and Claude Julien was fined  against the Stars -

https://awinninghabit.com/2020/02/17/montreal-canadiens-nhl-chooses-fine-claude-julien-comments/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

nothing to do with Canada  ,  Boston  is not a Canadian team , Tortorella was fined  in  January against Chicago  and Claude Julien was fined  against the Stars -

https://awinninghabit.com/2020/02/17/montreal-canadiens-nhl-chooses-fine-claude-julien-comments/

Well they do like the original six up there a lot.

God awful penalties not called again last game.

I've watched NHL hockey since the spring of `01 when I got home from the transplant and took so many pills, had so many nurses there taking blood I didn't even leave the house for a month after.

Crooked m-frs is all I'll say.

Well no... Still ticked a day later and hope the second last sport that I enjoy hasn't gone down the tubes completely.

God Knows!

& we won in spite of the officials!!!

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

God awful penalties not called again last game.

I've watched NHL hockey since the spring of `01 when I got home from the transplant and took so many pills, had so many nurses there taking blood I didn't even leave the house for a month after.

Crooked m-frs is all I'll say.

Well no... Still ticked a day later and hope the second last sport that I enjoy hasn't gone down the tubes completely.

God Knows!

Dude.  It's hockey.  Always has been.  It is what it is.  Maybe you should switch to curling like Stew.  Only since '01, well as neophyte you can be given a little slack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Canadians got tons of penalties  against Pittsburgh   --- same thing against the Flyers ------they ran into the goalie all game long in game 1  -0 penalties ---it's hockey

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Horvat is amazingly smooth.  Silk.  Of all the great goal scorers I'm not sure I've seen anything quite like it.

thank you , he is a  great tplayer , he's making all the difference

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Dude.  It's hockey.  Always has been.  It is what it is.  Maybe you should switch to curling like Stew.  Only since '01, well as neophyte you can be given a little slack.

That isn't the point.

My point is the calls are so wrong that an eight year old with a hockey 101 brochure could realize how bad the calls have been this round. It is f'n unreal.

If you did not watch the games there is no way you should chide me for the statements I've made about them.

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

nope ,  Canadians like hockey , they dont care about any team in particular , and if the game is now won in the States is a blessing for all Canadian players on American teams ,-

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That isn't the point.

My point is the calls are so wrong that an eight year old with a hockey 101 brochure could realize how bad the calls have been this round. It is f'n unreal.

If you did not watch the games there is no way you should chide me for the statements I've made about them.

the refs have been very bad in the last  10 years in the NHL , because all the older refs retired  en masse  after 30+ years   because they forced them to retire with retirement packages to cut the refs salaries down  ---these guys were real pros -------and the new group of  refs are in reality  minor hockey league refs  who jumped over  to the NHL --------

-all refs in the NHL should only  be ex-pro  NHL or AHL hockey players --as they know the game and they know what it means to battle for the Calder and the Stanley Cup -

31 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That isn't the point.

I have watched every game.  It is the point.  Quit whining, it's hockey.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Probably true Randy. Still if the team is good they should be able to overcome adversity.

Doesn't always shake out that way but when it does the win is even more sweet!

John , the Canadians won the game today 5-0 , and they got a lot of penalties , they even have 2 men penalties at once ,  the moment a hockey  team is afraid of getting penalties , they lose the game because it shows weakness and the refs know it  --- hockey means , a fight   is on ,  you don't back down   -the canes won yesterday with 2  goals being thrown out --that's hockey