Khorns $500 Eagle CO

Woofers and Tweeters

1 hour ago, billybob said:

You carry your age well, lol.

Yeah, I was 12 too. ~1977..

The truck was built in the 50s. Someone whose first day on the job was on the line when it was built had a 20 and done retirement, they would have been extremely close to retiring when I was looking through the steering wheel trying to not hit anything.... I did say trying. 😬 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mungkiman said:

1958 Chevy Apache 31 pickup with 5 miles...sold $80,000

ChevyApace31 NE  80K

Would have been nice to find this before it went to auction...

I believe the one I learned in was a 58. It was the 3/4 ton (3600 rather than the 1/2 ton 3100). The smaller rear glass makes me wonder if there was a regular and deluxe cabs offered. I have seen the ones what have the rounded corner glasses that are framed... it made a 3 piece rear glass, rather than the one piece rounded ends. 

I can think of several other things to do with $80,000. Wonder if that was before the buyer's premium and taxes.

• Like 1

If free and delivered I would decline.  The cost and effort to dispose of the junk would negate any possible value in the drivers.  I would not trust the integrity of DIY bass bins.  The evidence of the builder’s lack of attention to detail and questionable woodworking skills make believing that the complicated bass bins were properly constructed, or that they remain leak free today, impossible.

Regarding the truck, and the interesting detective work and discussion, I vote for a 58, or later, GMC.  Details, such as running lights, might not be helpful.  If the speakers are an indication of the owner’s level of fastidiousness, it’s entirely possible a nearly 100 year old truck is no longer original.

• Like 1