Fortes?

tripod

Tripod, I know you don't know me but please trust every word I type: Get some Forte or Forte II's. 1.gif

I got some a couple months ago and I am consistently stunned by how good they sound. My KG-4's are good but they aren't in the same league as my Forte II's.

If I ever get my hands on an Academy my next speaker upgrade will be another pair of Forte II's for my 2 channel system.

----------------

On 11/25/2002 2:51:26 PM tripod wrote:

It sounds like an easy choice for music. The only catch is that I use them mostly (80%) for HT. I think I might run into problems with them not matching my SC-1 center at all.

----------------

I'm useing mine with an a/d/s center channel. And actually they still sound great, Its off a bit from the original a/d/s MT 40t's that I just sold, but doesn't bother me at all. Music wise I love them3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

----------------

On 11/25/2002 2:51:26 PM tripod wrote:

It sounds like an easy choice for music. The only catch is that I use them mostly (80%) for HT. I think I might run into problems with them not matching my SC-1 center at all.

----------------

I'm useing mine with an a/d/s center channel. And actually they still sound great, Its off a bit from the original a/d/s MT 40t's that I just sold, but doesn't bother me at all. Music wise I love them3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

I was having lots of speaker questions just a couple of weeks ago.

I got a lot of great advice here and flirted with buying Heresy, Quartet, Forte and Chorus. People liked all of the models above but when the question of Chorus versus the smaller speakers was asked the general opinion was to buy the Chorus if I had room for them.

A pair of Chorus I's were available an hour or so from home and I bought them.

My LaScalas are great old friends but these Chorus I's have my attention right now. These speakers are clean and quick; the bass seems especially tight and fast. I like 'em! The Chorus is obviously larger than a Forte but size and sound always seem to go hand in hand with me. Small amp; big speaker; big sound.

Whatever you buy, you probably will be happy. I've never heard an older Klipsch speaker that I didn't like. Good luck.