IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN ...

BigStewMan

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

You know that Gibson Les Paul would absolutely rock with your Vox amp....like a marriage made in heaven!

that black beauty lives up to its name for sure. probably the most expensive of all the guitars I posted.  

I've actually heard good things about the Epiphone Black Beauty which sells for about $800 as opposed to the five or six thousand for the Gibson.  I've long said that Epiphone gives you the best bang for your buck -- they're not to be looked down upon anymore. I have one; but haven't played it in years. it's the copy of the Gibson ES175D -- it looks and sounds great. 

So far, the Duesenberg Rusty Steel is in the lead; but the Rickenbacker 360 is a close second. 

28 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Here's a demo of the Caribou.  haven't found a good YouTube of the rusty steel yet. 

My first thought was it sounds similar to a Stratocaster, then he plays the lead, and the sustain reminded me of a Les Paul. Pretty good player and it sounds very good. 

I bought a new Gibson Les Paul Tribute a couple years ago, about a $900 guitar. It was ok, but just didn't feel as good as it's more expensive brothers, and lacked some of the nice finishes...cheaper tuners and no edge binding. I was on the Gibson forum, and heard great things about an Epiphone Les Paul, so I sold the Gibson and bought an Epiphone Traditional Pro Plus Top. It instantly felt better than the Gibson, has better tuners than the Tribute, finishes were way better, and it sounds better. Has all the split coils, and many sound combinations. It just feels like a much better quality guitar than the Tribute. I know it doesn't have the same quality as a Gibson LP Standard, Classic, etc, but it's much improved over the Tribute. I've been looking at Epiphone guitars more these days. Some call them the poor man's Gibson, but I don't agree.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 6:33 PM, RandyH000 said:

the band Manager has all the fun , really ,  ,  while everybody's playing music on stage , he's having a ball in the Office  --

Someone has to inspect the groupies to make sure they're safe.