Advice on buying Klipsch speakers

Vankyra

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The Onkyo TX-NR696 is 7.2

6 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Obviously I don't have the experience, that's the reason I asked those things ☺️

Review again. You should not need preout for an external amp as not alot of watts needed per size of your room.

59 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Thank you for your reply! 

I have good access to the basic brands:

Sony (STR-DH590 @270euros, STR-DH790 @440euros, STR-DN1080 @610euros)

Denon (X1600H @450euros, X1500H @460euros, S-750H@490euros, X2700H @550euros, X2500H @570euros, X2600H @600euros)

Yamaha (RX-V385 @330euros, RX-V485 @410euros, RX-V585 @510euros, RX-V685@ 610euros) some of those are 5.1 though

Marantz (The models I have access to are @800euros +)

Pioneer (VSX-531 @340euros, VSX-534D @420euros, VSX-830@460euros, VSX-832 @480euros, VSX-831 @530euros, VSX-934 @590euros) some of those are also 5.1 too.

Onkyo (TX-SR494 @510euros, TX-NR474 @505euros, TX-NR696 @720euros)

Just for review...

On 11/29/2020 at 8:19 AM, Vankyra said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also new to the Home Theater world. I want to build a 7.2 HT (both for movies and music), that's my long term plan because I cant afford buying all the equipment at once. My room is 4m x 4m x 4m (height). I know it's a small room, I use it only for a HT and a small home gym and I guess I could fill it with smaller/less expensive speakers, but who doesn't love some extra headroom to blast music/action movies. 

I want to start with the Left and Right Channel and of course the AVR and I need some opinions, since I don't have the proper experience. 

Since it's Black Friday period, some stores in my country got great (I guess) prices on Klipsch Tower Speakers

- R-620F from 800euros down to 550euros.

- R-820F from 1000euros down to 650euros. 

It's +100euros for 1point of sensitivity, better low ends, more power, bigger size.. 

As for the AVR's I've seen.

- Denon X1600H at 450euros.

- Denon X2600H at 600euros.

It's +150euros for a few more watts, some upscaling as I've read, is it worth it? Or do I need to get a bigger AVR watt-wise for more power in the long run, when I complete my 7channel setup? 

My wallet could go for the expensive options of those two cases I've mentioned, but is it worth it? The wallet wouldn't do it thaaat happily but I wouldn't want to feel the need of an upgrade in 2 years etc. Also, I'd love it if you have some other idea for speakers &/or AVR's. Thanks for reading this. 

Review for others...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

He's online buying right now. At least the prices seem good.

Alot to process and take in. That 7.2 came along as you know versus 7.1... stereo subs is my understanding.

At least, he may have good return policy, just in case.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Thanks for explaining. I didn't know that AVR's count the 2 subs, as 1 channel 

They count them as 1 channel.

A  Y splitter can be used on a 7.1 AVR to be able to run 2 subs.

Both subs will be playing the same notes.

On  a 7.2 AVR, it takes the bass channel and splits it into 2 channel sub notes liken to stereo.

For your room, as mentioned, 1 sub could do well for you down the road.

If wanting 2 subs in future you have options. Either go with the 7.1 Denon 1600 that a member likes. Or go with a 7.2 Onkyo, as an example mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Am I correct guys?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

They count them as 1 channel.

A  Y splitter can be used on a 7.1 AVR to be able to run 2 subs.

Both subs will be playing the same notes.

On  a 7.2 AVR, it takes the bass channel and splits it into 2 channel sub notes liken to stereo.

For your room, as mentioned, 1 sub could do well for you down the road.

If wanting 2 subs in future you have options. Either go with the 7.1 Denon 1600 that a member likes. Or go with a 7.2 Onkyo, as an example mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Am I correct guys?

Yep. The main reason I went with this avr was it's 4ohm stable, very few lower end models can claim that. He has 8ohm speakers, so most of those avrs listed would work. I always liked Yamaha myself, this is the first Denon amp I've owned. 

• Like 1