Advice on buying Klipsch speakers

Vankyra

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also new to the Home Theater world. I want to build a 7.2 HT (both for movies and music), that's my long term plan because I cant afford buying all the equipment at once. My room is 4m x 4m x 4m (height). I know it's a small room, I use it only for a HT and a small home gym and I guess I could fill it with smaller/less expensive speakers, but who doesn't love some extra headroom to blast music/action movies. 

I want to start with the Left and Right Channel and of course the AVR and I need some opinions, since I don't have the proper experience. 

Since it's Black Friday period, some stores in my country got great (I guess) prices on Klipsch Tower Speakers

- R-620F from 800euros down to 550euros.

- R-820F from 1000euros down to 650euros. 

It's +100euros for 1point of sensitivity, better low ends, more power, bigger size.. 

As for the AVR's I've seen.

- Denon X1600H at 450euros.

- Denon X2600H at 600euros.

It's +150euros for a few more watts, some upscaling as I've read, is it worth it? Or do I need to get a bigger AVR watt-wise for more power in the long run, when I complete my 7channel setup? 

My wallet could go for the expensive options of those two cases I've mentioned, but is it worth it? The wallet wouldn't do it thaaat happily but I wouldn't want to feel the need of an upgrade in 2 years etc. Also, I'd love it if you have some other idea for speakers &/or AVR's. Thanks for reading this. 

• Like 2

Welcome, I would opt for the larger speakers, most of us would. Either of those AVRs would easily fill that room with sound, but neither has pre-outs to add additional amps, but that might not be an issue in a small room. I think I would go for the Denon 1600, it's a very good deal. Will you eventually add a center, surrounds, or sub?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome, I would opt for the larger speakers, most of us would. Either of those AVRs would easily fill that room with sound, but neither has pre-outs to add additional amps, but that might not be an issue in a small room. I think I would go for the Denon 1600, it's a very good deal. Will you eventually add a center, surrounds, or sub?

2 subs is the plan.

Agree then on the Denon.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply! 

I have good access to the basic brands:

Sony (STR-DH590 @270euros, STR-DH790 @440euros, STR-DN1080 @610euros)

Denon (X1600H @450euros, X1500H @460euros, S-750H@490euros, X2700H @550euros, X2500H @570euros, X2600H @600euros)

Yamaha (RX-V385 @330euros, RX-V485 @410euros, RX-V585 @510euros, RX-V685@ 610euros) some of those are 5.1 though

Marantz (The models I have access to are @800euros +)

Pioneer (VSX-531 @340euros, VSX-534D @420euros, VSX-830@460euros, VSX-832 @480euros, VSX-831 @530euros, VSX-934 @590euros) some of those are also 5.1 too.

Onkyo (TX-SR494 @510euros, TX-NR474 @505euros, TX-NR696 @720euros)

• Like 2

I already have an Energy sub woofer (it's old but okay for now..) Eventually I will add a center speaker, I've read that it's the most important speaker when it comes to movies. A center speaker that it will match my tower ones I guess and as for the surrounds I'll go for them last. 

Do you think that the Denon 1600H will be enough to drive all the speakers? The pre-outs to add additional amps is a feature found at high end AVR's or am I wrong? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

I already have an Energy sub woofer (it's old but okay for now..) Eventually I will add a center speaker, I've read that it's the most important speaker when it comes to movies. A center speaker that it will match my tower ones I guess and as for the surrounds I'll go for them last. 

Do you think that the Denon 1600H will be enough to drive all the speakers? The pre-outs to add additional amps is a feature found at high end AVR's or am I wrong? 

Sometimes, it is but not sacred.

@Ceptorman thinks so on the Denon. 

The Denon AVR X 1600H ist test winner in his price range , 59WPC / 6 Ohm, in 7.1. The X 2600H has 64 WPC / 6 Ohm in 7.1 . In Stereo and 5.1 operation both are equal with 77 WPC / 6 Ohm and stereo 150 WPC / 4 Ohm. Both got an Phono Input as well, if needed. So the X 1600 will be fine and safe some bucks for 7.1 expansion later .I will agree on @billybob recommondation for the 820 F . However Klipsch & Denon goes hand in hand soundwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The Denon AVR X 1600H ist test winner in his price range , 59WPC / 6 Ohm, in 7.1. The X 2600H has 64 WPC / 6 Ohm in 7.1 . In Stereo and 5.1 operation both are equal with 77 WPC / 6 Ohm and stereo 150 WPC / 4 Ohm. Both got an Phono Input as well, if needed. So the X 1600 will be fine and safe some bucks for 7.1 expansion later .I will agree on @billybob recommondation for the 820 F . However Klipsch & Denon goes hand in hand soundwise. 

Shouldn't I look at 8ohm wattage? Since the 820F will be playing @8ohms. 

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

OP is thinking 7.2 George.

24 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

How much should someone pay for an AVR with a Pre-out to add additional amps if needed? Even the 2020 Denon 2700H doesnt seem to have one pre-out