Advice on buying Klipsch speakers

Vankyra

Can you get the Yamaha RX-A Aventage series where you are?  They’re a step above the RX-V series.

As for using a splitter to feed two subs from one sub outlet, that works just fine.  My bedroom system has been like that for 20 years.  You need two subs in the bedroom, because the mattress absorbs so much sound that a sub on just one side of the room is really obviously on one side.  This is annoying and distracting.  On some 7.2 AVRs, the subs are not stereo, they’re just two sockets with the same signal, so using a splitter will give you about the same effect.

One last thing:  if you can afford it, buy the speakers and receiver you really want, even if they seem expensive right now.  If you wind up trading up step by step to eventually get what you wanted in the first place, it’s the more expensive way to go.  The fewer steps, the fewer dollars (or whatever your currency may be) spent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billybob said:

Relax and review...

To be honest I rage quitted, I felt unwanted for some reason and got overwhelmed..All the information, I'm so confused.. Anyway, the good thing is that I've decided that 820F's will arrive in just a few days!!I continue searching for my AVR now.

11 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yep. The main reason I went with this avr was it's 4ohm stable, very few lower end models can claim that. He has 8ohm speakers, so most of those avrs listed would work. I always liked Yamaha myself, this is the first Denon amp I've owned. 

Thanks a ton for your suggestion and for your time! I've read the official site about the Denon X1600H and it doesn't say anything about 4ohms. Only the following chart:

Number of Power Amps

Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) 80 W
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive 120 W
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive) 175 W

11 hours ago, Islander said:

Can you get the Yamaha RX-A Aventage series where you are?  They’re a step above the RX-V series.

As for using a splitter to feed two subs from one sub outlet, that works just fine.  My bedroom system has been like that for 20 years.  You need two subs in the bedroom, because the mattress absorbs so much sound that a sub on just one side of the room is really obviously on one side.  This is annoying and distracting.  On some 7.2 AVRs, the subs are not stereo, they’re just two sockets with the same signal, so using a splitter will give you about the same effect.

One last thing:  if you can afford it, buy the speakers and receiver you really want, even if they seem expensive right now.  If you wind up trading up step by step to eventually get what you wanted in the first place, it’s the more expensive way to go.  The fewer steps, the fewer dollars (or whatever your currency may be) spent.

I have access to Yamaha RX-A series, more specifically to the following models (I'll include prices in order for us to compare those with the Denon models):

Yamaha RX-A670 (740euros)

Yamaha RX-A680 (750euros)

Yamaha RX-A880 (1060euros)

Yamaha RX-A1080 (1250euros)

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Denon X1600H canÂŽt handle 7.2 , 7.1 only ....

This picture is the pdf manual of the Denon X1600H. With the light green I sketched 2 pre-outs for "external amplifier". And with the deep red I sketched 2 pre-outs for 2 active subwoofers. Doesn't that mean that I can connect extra amplifiers in the future if needed and two subwoofers? 

I'm going insane here haha

klipsch.thumb.png.eb27f5712bec4240bc1815948ad8cdbe.png

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

To be honest I rage quitted, I felt unwanted for some reason and got overwhelmed..All the information, I'm so confused.. Anyway, the good thing is that I've decided that 820F's will arrive in just a few days!!I continue searching for my AVR now.

Thanks a ton for your suggestion and for your time! I've read the official site about the Denon X1600H and it doesn't say anything about 4ohms. Only the following chart:

Number of Power Amps

Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) 80 W
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive 120 W
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive) 175 W

That listing for the power output for 4ohms means that it's stable at 4ohms.

18 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

This picture is the pdf manual of the Denon X1600H. With the light green I sketched 2 pre-outs for "external amplifier". And with the deep red I sketched 2 pre-outs for 2 active subwoofers. Doesn't that mean that I can connect extra amplifiers in the future if needed and two subwoofers? 

I'm going insane here haha

klipsch.thumb.png.eb27f5712bec4240bc1815948ad8cdbe.png

You're right, the X1600h is 7.2, it can connect to 2 subs. No need for a splitter. 

Zone 2 pre-out is to connect a separate amp to power any zone 2 speakers, it won't add any additional power to the main 7 channels.

I know there's a lot of info to digest, it's like a different language.

Congrats on the 820s, you will love them.

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That listing for the power output for 4ohms means that it's stable at 4ohms.

You're right, the X1600h is 7.2, it can connect to 2 subs. No need for a splitter. 

Zone 2 pre-out is to connect a separate amp to power any zone 2 speakers, it won't add any additional power to the main 7 channels.

I know there's a lot of info to digest, it's like a different language.

Congrats on the 820s, you will love them.

To be honest with you, it's exactly like a different language to me, plus keep in mind that English isn't my native language. But thankfully there are people like you that are willing to explain things. 

Thanks, I can't wait for the 820s to arrive, I'm really excited!!! 

As for the AVR, it's a good thing that you insist on the X1600H, since it's the cheaper option for me. My only concern isn't Stereo though, because I know deep inside of me that 820s' sensitivity and the juice of the X1600H will be perfect. It is the fact that I'll go for 7.2setup, is this Denon going to be able to drive all those channels? For example, (talking about movies of course) I could easily plug in a Kenwood Series 21 center speaker and its surround speakers for a basic 5.1 setup, of course with the 820s being leaders. Or even better, in a few months I'll be able to replace those Kenwood speakers with a gorgeous Klipsch center and surrounds.. 

2 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

To be honest with you, it's exactly like a different language to me, plus keep in mind that English isn't my native language. But thankfully there are people like you that are willing to explain things. 

Thanks, I can't wait for the 820s to arrive, I'm really excited!!! 

As for the AVR, it's a good thing that you insist on the X1600H, since it's the cheaper option for me. My only concern isn't Stereo though, because I know deep inside of me that 820s' sensitivity and the juice of the X1600H will be perfect. It is the fact that I'll go for 7.2setup, is this Denon going to be able to drive all those channels? For example, (talking about movies of course) I could easily plug in a Kenwood Series 21 center speaker and its surround speakers for a basic 5.1 setup, of course with the 820s being leaders. Or even better, in a few months I'll be able to replace those Kenwood speakers with a gorgeous Klipsch center and surrounds.. 

I was hesitant on the X1600 also. It came with a 30 day return policy, and I was already looking for it's replacement, but after hearing it for a few months now, I'm impressed. 

Remember....the subs have an amplifier inside their cabinets, the AVR does not power the subs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I was hesitant on the X1600 also. It came with a 30 day return policy, and I was already looking for it's replacement, but after hearing it for a few months now, I'm impressed. 

Remember....the subs have an amplifier inside their cabinets, the AVR does not power the subs. 

Yes and that's a great thing! But what about the other speakers? Is its juice going to be enough to power 5, or even 7 speakers (not including the subwoofers) ? 

40 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Yes and that's a great thing! But what about the other speakers? Is its juice going to be enough to power 5, or even 7 speakers (not including the subwoofers) ? 

I'm powering 5 extremely power hungry Klipsch speakers now, it does fine. There are (6) 8" drivers, and (4) 7" drivers within 5 speakers, that's a lot of woofers.

IMG_2203.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm powering 5 extremely power hungry Klipsch speakers now, it does fine. There are (6) 8" drivers, and (4) 7" drivers within 5 speakers, that's a lot of woofers.

IMG_2203.jpg

Ohh frankly that's a relief to hear! Lovely setup if I may add. What's the sensitivity of your speakers? 

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Denon X 1600 H

grafik.png.2defa431acd63ab5a0ba53d75dde7cbb.png

Danke schön! My german isn't that good, could you explain the graph for me and what does that mean for me? For example, when I need to power a 7.1setup with the X-1600H, this receiver will provide 59watts per channel? What about 8ohm wattage output? Don't I need to only see 8ohm values? 

In the case of loudspeakers, we  speaks of an impedance curve which is indicated in ohms.It varies between 4 ohms and 16 ohms, the 8 ohms are an average value,

grafik.png.c0f6edd846c1483a836d27c50b1d3f3e.png

Impendanz Diagram Klipsch R 820 F between 2 und 50 Ohm

images.jpg.d3ae66fa22e1e7a56460bb518868bdd5.jpg

The power of the Denon X 1600 H  is absolutely sufficient, considering the sensitivity of 97 dB, which we already discussed yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

In the case of loudspeakers, we  speaks of an impedance curve which is indicated in ohms.It varies between 4 ohms and 16 ohms, the 8 ohms are an average value,

grafik.png.c0f6edd846c1483a836d27c50b1d3f3e.png

Impendanz Diagram Klipsch R 820 F between 2 und 50 Ohm

images.jpg.d3ae66fa22e1e7a56460bb518868bdd5.jpg

The power of the Denon X 1600 H  is absolutely sufficient, considering the sensitivity of 97 dB, which we already discussed yesterday.

Great explanation! Thank you for your time really. Now, what if I wanted to add more speakers to the setup? 
Say for example, 2x820s as L and R channel, a center speaker with sensitivity of 88 dB and 2 surround speakers with also 88 dB sensitivity. Even in this case, the Denon X-1600H would be good enough to power all those speakers? I hope I'm not being too annoying.

Annoying ? ...Not at all, youÂŽre welcome anytime

Using the audyssey software in the Denon, you will be able to calibrate the different volume levels of the speakers on all individual channels. This will eliminate volume differences. 

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Annoying ? ...Not at all, youÂŽre welcome anytime

Using the audyssey software in the Denon, you will be able to calibrate the different volume levels of the speakers on all individual channels. This will eliminate volume differences. 

Thank you my friend! You've been helpful even if we started at the wrong foot hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vankyra said:

Thank you my friend! You've been helpful even if we started at the wrong foot hehe

Thanx for your kindness. You were under pressure yesterday and overloaded by too much information  ......Where are you from Netherlands ? Begium ? east Europe or Scandinavian ?

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

Thanx for your kindness. You were under pressure yesterday and overloaded by too much information  ......Where are you from Netherlands ? Begium ? east Europe or Scandinavian ?

Indeed, that's why I just rage quitted and I slept. I'm from Greece, why did you say Netherlands? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Indeed, that's why I just rage quitted and I slept. I'm from Greece, why did you say Netherlands? 

Greece .wonderful , IÂŽve been in Kreta, Athens, Thessalonikki, Kos .....because of your " van " in front of " kyra " ....the netherland and belgiums have also a " van " in front of their names. thatÂŽs why I thought youÂŽre coming from there .....

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

Greece .wonderful , IÂŽve been in Kreta, Athens, Thessalonikki, Kos .....because of your " van " in front of " kyra " ....the netherland and belgiums have also a " van " in front of their names. thatÂŽs why I thought youÂŽre coming from there .....

Yeah the name is misleading.. Ohh you visited many places in Greece. I live in Thessaloniki! 

I guess you're from Germany, right? 

• Like 1