Parks Audio Puffin Phonopreamp?

Fido

Has anyone used a Puffin phono preamp? Is so - thoughts and impressions would be appreciated as it just caught my eye and has a few features that intrigue me. My Primaluna Integrated does not have a way to adjust channel balance but the Puffin has that capability and id like to move the balance just a smidge as I have an L couch shape that blocks one of my speakers a little.

Shannon's puffin is really good... highly customizable and user friendly. the sound signature is very clean and clinical... it doesn't impart any sonic signature or warmth.

i think if you want a very transparent and uber cleam digital device, the puffin is it.

2 hours ago, Fido said:

Has anyone used a Puffin phono preamp? Is so - thoughts and impressions would be appreciated as it just caught my eye and has a few features that intrigue me. My Primaluna Integrated does not have a way to adjust channel balance but the Puffin has that capability and id like to move the balance just a smidge as I have an L couch shape that blocks one of my speakers a little.

I have one of the very early units and even after a couple of firmware updates it’s still going strong 

Yes it has channel balance and also volume balance 

Will handle all cartridge types - MM , MC , MI with very flexible loading options 

It’s extremely versatile to say the least and punches well above its weight ( that is a given ) 

The new firmware update has introduced click reduction with NO loss of music tone, De rumble and record grading features 

All I can say is - buy with confidence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Shannon's puffin is really good... highly customizable and user friendly. the sound signature is very clean and clinical... it doesn't impart any sonic signature or warmth.

i think if you want a very transparent and uber cleam digital device, the puffin is it.

Thanks Schu for the information on the Puffin - its my birthday Saturday I think it may be my bday gift to myself - sounds fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I have one of the very early units and even after a couple of firmware updates it’s still going strong 

Yes it has channel balance and also volume balance 

Will handle all cartridge types - MM , MC , MI with very flexible loading options 

It’s extremely versatile to say the least and punches well above its weight ( that is a given ) 

The new firmware update has introduced click reduction with NO loss of music tone, De rumble and record grading features 

All I can say is - buy with confidence 

Thanks Full Range for all the information and hope to order one later this week!

Cheers Mate!

• Like 1