Klipsch Tangent T500 loudness Help

Msuwendy

26 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Roger that, thanks again ill get back to you

The issue would seem to be the Impedance setting on the amplifier  -- the amplifier is seeing the speakers as setup  on the wrong impedance setting  -

is the amp impedance setting at 8 Ohms or 4 Ohms - if 8 Ohms , the amplifier sees the speakers T500 as 4 Ohms speakers -

For optimal efficiency you would need to switch the Chinese  Amplifier  to 4  Ohms  with the Tangent T500  -

16 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The issue would seem to be the Impedance setting on the amplifier  -- the amplifier is seeing the speakers as setup  on the wrong impedance setting  -

is the amp impedance setting at 8 Ohms or 4 Ohms - if 8 Ohms , the amplifier sees the speakers T500 as 4 Ohms speakers -

For optimal efficiency you would need to switch the Chinese  Amplifier  to 4  Ohms  with the Tangent T500  -

Thanks a lot and yes its on ideal level of listening now not soo quiet anymore

• Like 1

The T 500 is a 8 Ohm Speaker so requires the 8 Ohm Tubeamp outputs as well. The minimum power requirements are 20wpc . The chinese Tubeamp ( Reisong ? ) hasn´t enough power.

If it´s one of those Reisong entry models for approx. $ 300 , sorry to tell you, those are limited to 3 wpc. only.  Sell it , if possible and look for another better and more powerful tubeamp.

1491565372_TangentT500.jpg.15348fdc408f6d24460dcf056eb9e3c2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

it's working fine on the 4Ohms --  no problemo  , I can tell you why , but that's another story -

Guess the OP found the switch for us and self. Good call but, if you post @micromara post in entirety, another story.

Thanks...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Impedance dips?

Amps deliver more power as impedance lowers?

-the T500 is basically a Heresy 2 with more bass ,  and the Heresy 2 had round terminal cups and square terminal cups , some said 4 Ohms , some said 8 Ohms , some didn't say anything at all -  here is a 4 Ohms H2  cup   -

Klipsch Heresy II crossover pair

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

-the T500 is basically a Heresy 2 with more bass ,  and the Heresy 2 had round terminal cups and square terminal cups , some said 4 ohms , some said 8 ohms , some didn't say anything at all -  here is a 4Ohms H2 -

Klipsch Heresy II crossover pair

X-over T 500

t500.thumb.jpg.7f38530544a094948afff9a4a4239f84.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

X-over T 500

t500.thumb.jpg.7f38530544a094948afff9a4a4239f84.jpg

This xover looks to be an exact clone of my 2nd xover build. It was for a set of T5000s and to go through such detail as to use 16ga buss wire for the common negative “spine” down the middle. The Solen paralleled 1.0 & .22 uF caps for the mids and even the same wrong (backward) wiring of the tweeter wires.

I am flattered for someone to copy it so accurately. :)   :wink:

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 11:28 PM, MicroMara said:

The T 500 is a 8 Ohm Speaker so requires the 8 Ohm Tubeamp outputs as well. The minimum power requirements are 20wpc . The chinese Tubeamp ( Reisong ? ) hasn´t enough power.

If it´s one of those Reisong entry models for approx. $ 300 , sorry to tell you, those are limited to 3 wpc. only.  Sell it , if possible and look for another better and more powerful tubeamp.

1491565372_TangentT500.jpg.15348fdc408f6d24460dcf056eb9e3c2.jpg

Thanks for the detail given, its got 97db with 20watt minimum, ive tried 8ohm to my T4000 the last gen of the Tangent its loud i mean real loud, but not with my old T500 which is weird

• Like 1