Is this bad?

MirkoDOG

Very simple question.

I have two recievers.. One for Digital Surround.. One for 2 channel stereo. Is it bad to hook both recievers to the same left and right speakers? Could this cause damage. Only one to be used at a time.

Your thoughts are appreciated in advance.

Thanks.

Mirko

http://russound.com/speaker_selectors.htm

I bought one of the Russound SDB models years ago (to use 2-amps/1-speaker pair) and used it exactly as you have mentioned. The unit is of high quality and well built. Check out the Pro models too.

I found that there was a slight reduction in SPL when inserting the piece in the circuit but you can work around that.

Request literature from Russound. It is informative and demonstrates the build quality of their products.

Keith

Thanks eveyone for your replies.

I should get that switch.

I have a pioneer sx 1280 used to drive my legend series left and right when listening to cds. I need the same front and left for my other amp used for DVDs. I refuse to use the pioneer as an amp because I just love the warmth of its preamp...my denon wont alow a pre-amp in..so Im stuck with the denon to drive digital movies. The denon sounds like chinzy crap compared to the pioneer when in 2 channel mode.. I should just throw the denon out the window.

I hate going to the speakers unplugging one set and then the other..the pioneer refuses to function with the other set plugged in....even when the Denon is switched off..which caught me by suprise.

thanks for the advise.

Mirko