JBL 4670D cinema speakers

Emile

Yes, very busy. I won’t bore you with the details. So, I am listening to them right now as we speak. I have not moved them into a regular indoor music space as of yet. I am listening to them outdoors, they are placed approximately 15 to 18 feet apart and I am seated approximately 20 feet away and they are absolutely astonishing.  The HF and mid range detail is just fantastic.  To be honest, the low end is actually less impressive than I would have thought. I’m sure that that is probably because I don’t have any room Gain for them so I would imagine that bringing them indoors would significantly change that.  Sorry for the delay in my response.  And no, I am not by bi-amping them with an electronic crossover. The passive crossovers are a custom configuration.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes, very busy. I won’t bore you with the details. So, I am listening to them right now as we speak. I have not moved them into a regular indoor music space as of yet. I am listening to them outdoors, they are placed approximately 15 to 18 feet apart and I am seated approximately 20 feet away and they are absolutely astonishing.  The HF and mid range detail is just fantastic.  To be honest, the low end is actually less impressive than I would have thought. I’m sure that that is probably because I don’t have any room Gain for them so I would imagine that bringing them indoors would significantly change that.  Sorry for the delay in my response.  And no, I am not by bi-amping them with an electronic crossover. The passive crossovers are a custom configuration.

Thanks for that info, Jim.  If you do in fact bring them indoors, how different will those distances be?  Yes, I would imagine that room gain will add low end but possibly at the expense of the HF & MR detail....but who knows.

Not wanting to speak for Jim but I owned the 904’s albeit with a EAW horn/B&C 750 driver and custom Crites xover (you may have seen them, The Frankensteins) and always played indoors. They were 20-23 feet separation, listening position 15-18 feet. They were spectacular with all types of music and so wished I had kept them. When Jubes arrived and having KHorns and the Franks something had to go. I miss the Franks more than the KHorns, hands down. Jubes still singing - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Thanks for that info, Jim.  If you do in fact bring them indoors, how different will those distances be?  Yes, I would imagine that room gain will add low end but possibly at the expense of the HF & MR detail....but who knows.

WHEN I do bring them indoors, spacing will be 15 feet apart, listening position will be 15-20 feet away, treated room, carpet, etc.  I don't know that the HF and MR will suffer all that much with that 510 horn.......