How do I know if my speakers were factory sealed?

Kain

How do I know if my speakers were factory sealed? Is there any way to find out? Is the tape used to close the boxes meant to have "Klipsch" written on it or something?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Each Klipsch speaker comes hermetically sealed and secured, for your peace of mind, in an Xcalibur TL30 container. If your new speaker(s) were delivered in anything but these specially designed containers, then its imperative that you destroy delivered speakers immediately. Klipsch will not be legally responsible for products delivered in substandard packaging.

TL30-5520-03-s.jpg

Here are some of the features of the TL30:

U.L. Group manipulation resistant combination lock with spy proof dial

1 1/2" diameter steel bolts

3 way boltwork

(on 3219+)

Bolts interlock within reinforced bolt chambers

Sophisticated glass glass relocking system activates multiple relockers when attacked

Torch resistant construction

High quality adjustable hinges

Fire resistant U.L. TL-30 certified

WWE Kain,

YES both good ole Dean and mean Ranger have each posted the pieces of thepuzzle you have to solve in order to know if you have legit Klipsch speakers from an authorised Klipsch dealer and not some third class repacked goods.

ALL my Klipsch R series speakers came in a individual safe you see posted by Ranger and sealed with wax,a signet of complete Klipsch authenticity came with each "box" as well as a signed release from the Hope factory!Signed by BobG! The man who does not know the magnet weight of the RSW10 and 12!

LOL

I may scan the papers when my scanner decides to work 3.gif All BobG fault! 7.gif

----------------

On 12/14/2002 8:20:50 AM ShapeShifter wrote:

KAiN64,

I think they are pulling both your legs!!
11.gif
However, if they were bought from an authorized Klipsch Dealer, I wouldn't sweat it.

Wes

----------------

KAiN64,

There was a typo in my original post, which I've corrected. Are you concerned regarding Warranty, or just about the possibility that you were not the first individual to have opened the speaker boxes? Any way the link below shows Klipsch's Warranty Policy for purchases outside US and Canada.

http://www.klipsch.com/helpcenter/warranty_detail.asp?session=y&type=Klipsch

Again, if they function properly and are in great cosmetic condition, I would just enjoy them. Given the time it took to get them, I would not return good speakers, subject myself to added delays, and risk getting damaged replacements! Also, the Distributor or Dealer may have performed a receipt inspection to ensure no damage occurred while they were intransit. We mandate that all our storage depots perform receipt inspections prior to warehousing material.

Just my take based on what little I know at this point.

Regards,

Wes