Forte 2 price question?

jfjacques

I have opportunity at a pair of Forte 2 in Oiled Oak - excellent condition no scratches, smoking, pets, etc... all original no upgrades.... not listed for sale but would like to pair fair price for both parties, what would these typically sell for recently? 

sorry if this isnt the right forum, if someone would direct me I'll repost properly! 

2 minutes ago, jfjacques said:

I have opportunity at a pair of Forte 2 in Oiled Oak - excellent condition no scratches, smoking, pets, etc... all original no upgrades.... not listed for sale but would like to pair fair price for both parties, what would these typically sell for recently? 

sorry if this isnt the right forum, if someone would direct me I'll repost properly! 

you will get more replies in the 2ch section or general info section. 

oak forte 2s in good condition are worth about $500-$750... however, "recently" they have been listed for $800-1200 & some people feel thats an acceptable price.  :unsure: 

I agree with the above. Prices have been creeping up on Heritage speakers and will depend on your location too. I think if you can get them in today's market for 500.00 you have made an excellent deal. But in the shape you describe, it wouldn't be out of line to pay up to 800.00-900.00.

At the end of the day, a good way to gauge the worth of a pair of Fortes is to try to imagine what modern speaker you could buy new today that will give you that level of performance at the same price. I'd say that list would be pretty short.

Shakey

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DIDYSIS said:

Easy $1k-1500, right now that's prices unless a friendly favor discount or a true person who just wants to give someone a good deal on speakers. 1st gens are selling for 700-900 easily.    

Damn! Now you got me considering putting my Forte II's in walnut up for sale!

I sold my oak Forte IIs just before pandemic. I bought them brand new. Had original boxes and foam corners. They were perfect. $850. The buyer arranged u-ship... So I did nothing... that was enough for me to knock 100 off my asking price of 950.

$850, I felt, was a great deal for buyer given you could literally not find a nicer pair. 900-950 would have tilted a bit in my favor. Never lifting a finger beyond taking pictures to sell was easily worth $100 IMO.

I miss them from time to time. Glad they are getting used vs sitting.

9 hours ago, pigonthewing76 said:

Damn! Now you got me considering putting my Forte II's in walnut up for sale!

I wish it was all cheap but at the moment everyone has that Stim money and are willing to spend it and out bid one another.  Heresy 1s are selling for stupid money here and I don't get it.