Jump to content

Eminence Speaker Backorders


Recommended Posts

Today I got a reply from Eminence on why backorders have been moved back another month at PE.

 

"The issues we are having is in regards to the magnet that is used on the Kappa 12A. This is made in China because all magnet vendors in the USA and Australia have been shut down due to the NO MINING regulations and have been out of business for many years.  "

 

  There is also supposedly a bidding war on for available short supply shipping containers. It appears that offshoring and just in time that allows for no supply chain surplus is coming back to bite those proponents in a big way. Having government agencies that do not like manufacturing does not help either.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

There is also supposedly a bidding war on for available short supply shipping containers.

You got that right! Shortages of empty containers, personnel to unload at the ports and remove from ports is driving up pricing and availability on everything.

 

Check out this link on container traffic.....unreal

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-93.0/centery:24.5/zoom:2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TasDom said:

You got that right! Shortages of empty containers, personnel to unload at the ports and remove from ports is driving up pricing and availability on everything.

 

Check out this link on container traffic.....unreal

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-93.0/centery:24.5/zoom:2

Thanks for the link! That is an incredible time suck. Very eye opening!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Q Components in Waterloo Ontario appears to have them in stock, I put 4 in an online cart, no warning came up. I’ve purchased B&C woofers and tweeter drivers (12CL76 for super Heresy and DE120) from them in the past. Not sure that helps US forum friends but anyone in Canada , should check them out... no other affiliation than satisfied customer in the past.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad to say there is an update from PE regarding speakers. My order was placed on 6-1-21.

 

  "Item #290-456 - Eminence Kappa-12A 12" Driver 8 Ohm from order #SO0000756. We estimate this item will be in stock on 9/15/2021."

 

  This has to effect Klipsch production any time now as modern business practices dictate you do JIT and not carry lots of inventory on your shelves that earn no income until used. IF you were contemplating ordering new Klipsch gear you might want to see about getting them before the three month woofer delays catch up to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

Sad to say there is an update from PE regarding speakers. My order was placed on 6-1-21.

 

  "Item #290-456 - Eminence Kappa-12A 12" Driver 8 Ohm from order #SO0000756. We estimate this item will be in stock on 9/15/2021."

 

  This has to effect Klipsch production any time now as modern business practices dictate you do JIT and not carry lots of inventory on your shelves that earn no income until used. IF you were contemplating ordering new Klipsch gear you might want to see about getting them before the three month woofer delays catch up to them.

PM sent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dave A said:

Sad to say there is an update from PE regarding speakers. My order was placed on 6-1-21.

 

  "Item #290-456 - Eminence Kappa-12A 12" Driver 8 Ohm from order #SO0000756. We estimate this item will be in stock on 9/15/2021."

 

  This has to effect Klipsch production any time now as modern business practices dictate you do JIT and not carry lots of inventory on your shelves that earn no income until used. IF you were contemplating ordering new Klipsch gear you might want to see about getting them before the three month woofer delays catch up to them.

The "just in time" inventory concept worked surprisingly well when the supply chain was reliable and consistent. Nothing in the world today is reliable or consistent. Depending on the manufacturer, some were quicker to respond than others to change their strategy. JIT is slowly waning for other inventory strategies that work in our new world order. The challenge now is to stock the "right" inventory versus carrying "a lot of inventory". The right inventory is the stuff you know will sell even if you have 6 months of it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...