I buy anything by �

Colin

----------------

On 12/20/2002 10:45:44 AM shoe11 wrote:

Of course I'm talking of BB King and Lucille.

My other must buy is short, but sadly so. He died way too young. Rest in peace, SRV.

~shoe

----------------

You beat me to it but I can still second SRV.

Also, I never concidered myself a Sinatra fan, but somehow I have aquired quite a few of his recordings.

Oh, and about anything mastered by Mofi, or Steve Hoffman.9.gif

Bump, I also buy anything by Sade, love her latest, Toni Braxton, love her voice, and Alicia Keys, love her hit song, also anything by Sheryl Crow (though it used to be Rickie Lee Jones) -

it is about the music, right?1.gif

Wow, the real cluless... alive and almost in person! All of your Forum amirers hope you had a smashing yule... even those of us in the Afghan section! Gee, that makes me sound so international... thanks for broadening my image... both ways!

Well, I'll let you get back to the contemporary scene while I hum Stan Freburg's "Green Christmas." Oh, in case you missed the post, there's a tribute to us beer drinkers at http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html Enjoy! -HornED

Currently

Fuel

Stone Temple Pilots

Linkin Park

In days past

The Moody Blues

The Beatles

Genesis, including most of Gabriel's solo stuff

Pink Floyd, including most of Gilmour's solo stuff

Led Zeppelin

Journey (Greg Rolle)

Rush

Todd Rungren

Uriah Heep

This list could go on a ways. These were all on vinyl -- long gone now. I think I just got bored with most of it. Only The Moody Blues, some Beatles, selected Genesis, PF, Journey, Rush, and Rungren have been replaced with CD's. Most of these are premium recordings, 20 to 24 bit -- and a few are Mobile Fidelity issues.

Certainly surprised to see that Clu and myself have identical taste in music. I think some of these newer bands are excellent -- and Fuel is definitely serious stuff -- great lyrics.

In years past, I had to have every LP from Fleetwood Mac, to include the early Mick Fleetwood/John McVie albums from the 60's, all the way to the present CD, the 1997 comeback on Reprise Records/MTV: "The Dance" (I hear a new album/all new music is in the works).4.gif

Only one album has eluded me thus far...and some day I will have it! Way back in 1973, a very young Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks made an album together (before joining the ranks of Fleetwood Mac) called "Buckingham Nicks" on Anthem Record Corp., marketed and manufactured by Polydor/PolyGram Records, Inc. #CF 5058. I've searched high and low for years at every mom and pop/underground/imports record store throughout the country for this LP, to no avail.8.gif

I also had to have the complete discography to groups such as Led Zeppelin, Boston, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Styx, Journey, Phil Collins, The Cranberries, The Cure, and many more...

I dig Bach, and I have over 500 LPs, cassettes, reel to reel, DAT, and CDs of all styles of J.S. Bach's compositions, from solo violin, harpsichord, choir, chamber orchestra, pipe organ, to synthesizers and electric guitars; you name it, I virtually have it. And the list goes on and on...

Dean,

What's your favorite Rundgren album? I think mine's "Hermit From Mink Hollow."

(Mostly) Must-haves for fini:

NRBQ

They Might Be Giants

Acoustic Alchemy

Beatles

Tubes

But especially They Might Be Giants. Anyone else here even know who they are?

fini

fini: You and I have eerily similar tastes, They might be Giants, The Tubes, and I also thought I was the only one to listen to Acoustic Alchemy! Also Floyd, Santana, SRV, David Torn, Steve Hillage, Robert Cray, Jon Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Steve Tibbets, Jean Luc Ponty, Tangerine Dream, The list goes on and on...

LOL - What a strange flock we are. Just an overlapping mesh of musical tastes...From my younger days

Tubes - Young and Rich, Tangerine Dream - Stratosphere. Be Bop Deluxe, UFO, Kansas, Zepplin, Pink Floyd. Then there are the lost years (many) when I didnt even have a radio. LOL. Makes me a music fanatic now.

Dean does it make you nervous that we like the same stuff? , I saw your list of music on an earlier post and thought to myself...I need to ask this guy about some of his music. LOL. Let me know of any good finds..(also OP).

It doesn't make me nervous, but does intrique me.

You listening to the words in Fuel's stuff, is almost as bizarre as me listening to Stone Temple Pilots and Metallica:)

It's kind of funny, I can listen to words in music I disagree with, the same way I can get into conversations with people who say things I disagree with. It doesn't matter. I like the music, or like the person -- agree to disagree, and still enjoy their company.

Any prog fans out there who like King Crimson? I like the old, the middle and the new Crim music. If you are not familiar with them, they opened for Tool on a few West Coast concerts last year. Most Tool fans had no idea who these old guys were, but many thought they kicked a**.

Other more lyrical prog would be Marillion, Gentle Giant, Spock's Beard, etc..

Scott

Thank you for the input so far, though I am surprised at the paucity of response. In addition to the artists whose work I must have, I have a list of artists whose work I must check out if and when they release new discs:

Alanis Morrisette

Amanda McBroom

Bruce Springstein

Delores ORiordan

Holly Cole

Jewel

Joan Aramatrading

Joan Baez

Linda Ronstadt

Melissa Etheridge

Natalie Merchant

Patricia Barber

Sypra Gyro

The Cranberries

Tori Amos

U2

3.gif

Oh, yeah, also Al Jerreau, Dave Clark and Ramsey Lewis

What a great thread.

Yesterday I found a used MoFi Fleetwood Mac Lp that got me to thinking of all the different versions of "Landslide". Which reminded me of this thread.

Add the Dixie Chicks to the list.

After seeing the previous post, add Patricia Barber.

A bunch of CCR's

Next on my list to aquire is Zeppelin titles on vinyl.

What a fun hobby