C-M7-15 speakers- 4M650 and 4M651 ?

Willamette519

Greetings,

A friend got a couple “old speakers” from his uncle and was going to either take them to the dump or use them fir target practice.  He asked if I wanted them and I said no, but decided to check into what they were.  The speakers are safe now, but I know nothing about them.  They are Cornwall C-M7-15 speakers with serial numbers 4M650 and 4M651.  It looks like builder letters are C and H.  My guess is they are original with no driver changes or upgrades.  What year are they from?  What value range might they be?

Thank you,

Mike

They were built in 1970. The value depends on condition of the cabinets and functionality mainly, but location plays a big part. Good luck, post some pictures of the fronts with and without cloth coverings (grills) tops, sides, backs, labels, etc. Welcome, you should try them, you might get hooked.

• Like 1

These shipped on June 17 and 18, 1974.  The logbook has an "R" notation on 650 and an "L" notation on 651.  This probably denotes that they were a mirrored pair.  Why they shipped on two separate dates and with two different shipping department initials is unknown.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/27/2021 at 1:22 AM, Willamette519 said:

I think we will clean them up and try them out.  When I get a chance I’ll post some pics.  Thank you all for the info.  

The post immediately above on when they shipped is from the Museum Curator, and his information is direct from the logbook from the plant.