How would you remove this waterstain?

Deang

Dean,

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get the book: The New Wood Finishing Book, Completely updated and revised, by Michael Dresdner. About 20 bucks and easy as hell to understand!

It will cover the options for you, depending on the finish, etc. those Cornwalls have...plus it is just a damned good reference to have around to begin with! A "must have", IMHO!!

Damn Andy, that's the best you got, "buy the book...". Man, you're slipping. Hell, you could probably write a whole book about this waterstain:) ...and besides -- you actually think I got $20 after the month I've had?... and look, Jeff's on here too, and he's gonna wonder what the hell I'm doing spending $20 on a book when I haven't even paid off the Cornwalls yet9.gif

Jeff -- not that it matters all that much to me; but are you sure those things are plywood. My Heresies have the end-grain showing around the front edge. Did Klipsch veneer those edges on the Cornwalls?

They sure are perty. Any luck with your buddy?

LOL!, Dean...

Hey If I was there, and could actually see/feel that watermark, determine its depth and the extent to which it has caused damage, then I would just give you an answer...but you ARE there, and you CAN make those determinations...and with the book, you can get the best recommendation! LOL! So drop the twenty bucks, dammit! ROFLMAO!! Besides...next time you have a question like this, all you gotta do is open the book to start with! LOL!

Besides, I just finished typing one of my epic responses in the general questions section in a physics/human anatomy/common sense answer to somebody wanting to know about "directivity"...and my damned fingers are tired!! 9.gif

Dean,

From what I've been told by Klipsch they are Plywood. They are veneered around the edges as well. Geeze-the pictures actually make the stain look even worse.

Did you get all the pictures?

Talked with my UPS delivery man today...he says he will let them "slide" through even though they are over the limit box-size wise.41"h 29"w 19"d. The only problem is if its caught in transit down the road we will have to pay a fee for oversize load.He couldn't give me a dollar amount if caught but he said it wouldn't be that drastic.

Jeff

You might try 0000 bronze wool and lemon oil, or whatever you plan on using to maintain the oil finish, or even vegetable oil. You should be able to lift anything that is on top of the finish. The 0000 bronze wool is fine enough to minimize the chance of damaging the finish and veneer. The oil acts as a solvent and lubricant.

If the stain is into the veneer itself, that is another story. Lets hope it is not or a more drastic solution may be required.

FWIW oil finishes look nice when well maintained, but unfortunately don't offer a lot of protection from scratches, spills, etc.

I suggest you say this speaker is broken. Do something similiar to the other one.

Then collect the full cost of what the Cornwalls were new from your insurance company.

Then buy another pair from Ebay, or someone on here and sell me the "Damaged goods / watermarked stained ones" for 100 each/. Hey I will even pay shipping or pick them up if it closes the deal faster.... hahahahahahahahahaha Ok I am joking!!

Seems like your stain is an easy one to do,As suggested by Malcolm he has the right idea,but I had stains simular to what you have and plenty others on speaker cabinets.I use pledge and let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes on the stain.Buy some scotch 000 steel super fine wool,and rub with the grain in one direction only.Spray some more pledge on as you go,Do not let the work area dry while rubbing,It should come out.

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 1/15/2003 7:52:17 PM 16YearOldAudiophile wrote:

HEY!

that was just listed on ebay..no?

i chuckled to myself and wondered what kind of an idiot would ruin beautiful speakers like that!?

i have a solution, dont be careless around works of art like klipsch speakers. just a thought.

Nate
----------------

Nate,

You are correct-those were mine just on e-bay. A memory from the original owners wife due to the classic "overwatered plant"

Not to worry-the new owner is not concerned with the blemish-just the sound,which is flawless.

Jeff