information

nightsprite

Bruce

This forum is for Klipsch owners and not an official Klipsch Customer service response site. Therefore you are pissing on the wrong tree. I would suggest that if you wish to raise hell with Klipsch about their equipment and labelling that you would do better to contact customer service at 1- 800 - Klipsch and discuss it with them.

It is too bad that you will never consider a Klipsch system for your home as you will be missing a lot.

As for denigrating Klipsch at every available opportunity I would suggest that you consider that if you do so you will be doing so from a position of ignorance given your statement that you will never own Klipsch. I guess it would be about the same as my crusading against Rolls Royce - because unless I hit the lottery I will unlikely to be in a position for RR to piss me off 9.gif

I have some sympathy for you and your wife in that are so many all in one Home Theatre packages floating around which are essentially plug and play,( although most would understand that those HT's include everything except a properly configured video system). I can easily understand how she might have failed to realise that the control circuitry needed for 5.1 channel playback is integral to the sound card in the computer and not to the 5.1 computer speaker and amplifier setup and Klipsch probably should look at their packaging and labelling in that regard.

Do yourself a favour and give a listen to a properly configured 5.1 Klipsch computer sound setup side by side with any other competing product and possibly audition a set of Klipsch Home Audio Speakers. At least that way you might understand what is possible.

I regret that your first experience with Klipsch has been a negative one.

Lynnm

Don't give this guy the time of day. He never even setup his ProMedia speakers! He is complaining because he did not even know you needed a 5.1 sound card for 5.1 speakers that don't have a digital decoder.

There have been far too many people posting threads SOOO similar. Me and a few others don't believe that they are not the same person. And with the help of our local friendly webmaster, maybe we can prove it. It would certainly not be the first time!

Lemme see...his "wife was sold this overpriced...klunker...for Christmas"...looks like it was her gift to him...and he is too much of a cheap-*** to spring for the soundcard...likely because he was ALSO too much of a cheap-*** to get the speakers for himself(and his wife) to begin with....so his wife lovingly goes out to get them FOR him as a Christmas gift, "because he would NEVER spend that much on HIMSELF"...and OF COURSE he isn't gonna blame his WIFE for anything...sooo just who DOES he get to blame?...certainly NOT himself either...so...you guessed it...the cheap-*** is gonna make it look good to the wife by giving what he mistakenly THINKS is the company hell...then take the speaker system back, and blow the refund money on his bar tab instead!!!...which is what he REALLY wanted in the FIRST place for Christmas...his bar tab to be paid!! Now he is happy, and he , somewhat mistakenly, BELIEVES his wife to be happy because of his harangue in here(when she is really thinking "Hell, I bought him the speakers, the LEAST he could do is to spring for the friggen soundcard, after all, it isn't like that cheapo Whitman's Sampler I got from him for MY gift emptied out his damned wallet!"). Jerks...ya gotta love em!! LOL!

----------------

On 1/2/2003 10:18:29 PM nightsprite wrote:

Why the hell don't you tell people that you need a special sound card to take advantage of the 5.1 system! You certainly don't expect those morons in Best Buy to know do you?

----------------

A perfect example of our modern society, no personal responsibility, it's always someone else's fault.

Greg

Hey night,

You need to think about what you just said a little bit. This is not a ***** forum. It is a place to come and get help on things. If you would have tried to hook them up in the first place and discovered that they did not work, someone in here could have figured out that it was a sound card issue. You need to relax a bit and appreciate what you have. Your wife got you something great and you are going to just return it because if your own personal issue? You need to appreciate things and your wife a little more. Hell, I wish my wife would be so generous as to get me something like that. Just think a little before you mouth off. Don't be so cheap either...your wife wasn't, so you need to get with the times. Get a new sound card and discover how good of a product you have! Just idea....

RJB

AH !! This forum is better than real life drama tv.

Come on back to us bruce, the real nastys here have yet to visit your first script .

It's one thing to think out loud but to publish your thoughts on a open public forum is like ammunition for a slander case .

I like Fr. Bill's response.

For good or bad, our recent correspondent is an a person full of anger, perhaps finacially strapped and frustrated. It is truely unfortunate that he dumped his bucket on people who where most likely to help him. Though he should have found his way to the Pro-Media forum. Ehhh. Maybe they are not as noble as us, here.

Please sir, is this a matter that you thought you're good wife was buying a turn key system? Please talk to us after you've calmed down a bit. It could all work out.

Gil

Looks like our boy got his arse kicked over in the 5.1 Forum too. Some offered help including a "Circuit City Moron " and were rewarded with insults.

I will not waste any further time on this clown. At first I thought that this guy was merely a neophyte who thought he had gotten burned and over-reacted . It is now clear to me that this person is merely an inept loser trying to make himself feel Macho by setting out bait and then blasting Bambi from the behind the trees.

NightSoil

Go away - You are a waste of space !

----------------

On 1/3/2003 11:47:29 PM lynnm wrote:

Looks like our boy got his arse kicked over in the 5.1 Forum too. Some offered help including a "Circuit City Moron " and were rewarded with insults.

I will not waste any further time on this clown. At first I thought that this guy was merely a neophyte who thought he had gotten burned and over-reacted . It is now clear to me that this person is merely an inept loser trying to make himself feel Macho by setting out bait and then blasting Bambi from the behind the trees.

NightSoil

Go away - You are a waste of space !

----------------

You thought? I doubt that.

Arse? Bambi? Well golleee.

And you have the nerve to call me a loser. You should be outdoors changing the oil in your pick-up rather than typing on a computer. By the way, why would you need $400 speakers to listen to Amy Lou and the Cow Flop Boys anyway.

You thought? I doubt that.

Arse? Bambi? Well golleee.

And you have the nerve to call me a loser. You should be outdoors changing the oil in your pick-up rather than typing on a computer. By the way, why would you need $400 speakers to listen to Amy Lou and the Cow Flop Boys anyway.

----------------

On 1/5/2003 11:24:06 PM michael hurd wrote:

Can you e-mail anthrax ?
6.gif14.gif

----------------

Naw...why waste good anthrax on him. I took a healthy dump just now, and it's coiled up inside the bowl, with lil' pieces of undigested corn kernels poking out here and there...let's e-mail him that, the dumb s%#@head!