For Sale: 2002 Klipschorns PERFECT 1 mo. old!!!!!!

jmslaw

I am selling my 1 mo. old pair of 2002 Kilpschorns (These are the brand new revision) in oiled oak finish. These speakers are absolutely perfect in every way ( No scratches, dings, etc.) and have only been used 1 mo. I have the boxes, etc. I would greatly prefer a local (Baltimore, MD) sale since shipping could get fairly expensive, but I will ship if necessary. They retail for $7500. and I will sell these for the best offer over $6,000. I am firm on this price. There is currently a 6 month wait on these speakers. I love them, but I just got a deal on another speaker that was too good to pass up. Email me with inquiries at jmslaw@aol.com

Jeff

this is probably the wrong place to try to sell a new set of K-horns. Everyone here buys "vinatge" speakers and for $6K can get 3 or 4 sets of mint K horns.

Try listing on eBay. You may get some takers there. Or try a high end audio dealer with a consignment. say if he sells them for $7k, you get $6Kand he gets $1K.

Chris

I must say that it is a very difficult decision. I am tremendously impressed with these newly revised Khorns, which sound much more refined and transparent than an older pair I used to have.In fact, the only pair of speakers I have enjoyed more were the Cabasse Atlantis which retailed for $89,000. They bested the Khorns in deep bass and overall transparency, but the difference was not all that dramatic. I am replacing them with a pair of Soundlab Ultimates which seem to enticing to pass up. As for the price, consider this- A new pair retails for $7500. and you CAN'T GET ONE!! That's right- you CAN't GET ONE. Call Klipsch or any dealers. The wait is about 6 months. Since mine are new and perfect and, most importantly, available, I think the asking price is more than fair.

Jeff,

....EIGHTY-NINE-THOUSAND-DOLLARS?!? I wouldn't pay that much for a new Porsche Carrera!

Yes there are speakers out there that are better to some "ears" than others--the WestLake Labs Reference Monitors for example. Every component is hand matched and the best available for the purpose of studio mastering. At least their price if not insane is revenue generating and therefore recoverable.

Cornwaller

I didn't say I PAID $89,000, just that they retailed for that. I am crazy, but not insane! My wife took one look at them (8ft. tall by 4ft. wide, pyramid-shaped with a huge "eyeball" protruding from the front) and said either they leave or I do. Needless to say, I made the wrong choice. I miss those speakers! By comparison, the Khorns and Soundlabs look unobtrusive to her.

Jeff,

I am sorry that you made the wrong decision--My empathy and sympathy abound..."Instead of getting married again, I will find a woman I hate and buy her a house". COPYRIGHT 1984, GM Younkin, All Rights Reserved.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it,

Cornwaller (I never pleasurize)