Do you think Cornwalls would fit in one of these?

mike stehr

You will have to be creative. Pray for dry weather and put one in the car and one on the roof via some DIY rig to hold it up there, wrapped to the gills. I have had to improvise far more for less so it's doable. OF course, the best thing is to beg or borrow a friend's machine, invite him or her along, and have a jolly road trip. I took a cohort from Chapel Hill who actually was the husband of an old girlfriend but who dug jazz and tubes and also ended up with Cornwalls after hearing mine (he is freak with the WRight Sound 3.5). A fun time was had by all. 10 hours later, at 2am, with my wife's help carrying the beasts up the stairs, they were playing music.

To hell with the neighbors.

kh

Mike, I think you will have a tough time, as your Celica is a Coupe. I personally got my Cornwalls in the back( Yes, BOTH of them ) of my old '82 Celica. However, it was a Hatchback. It was a snug fit, but they both fit with the rear seat folded down. How far are you going to have to transport them?

I'd take along a bunch of big plastic trash bags, like the ones they sell for yard clean-up. With some thought, some of these bags, and a roll of duct tape you should be able to keep them dry under almost any circumstances.

Hit a Goodwill or other thrift store, buy several old quilts, bedspreads, blankets, bundle them up thick, bagg'em, tape them up. They'll be fine.

Tom

Sounds like quite a hell ride! IF I wasnt so far away from you, I'd jump in the cab and go along (of course, alcohol would have to be involved for me to be in that cab on I-40/I-70). Man, are you going to have king hell backache! But it should be fun. Take some loon friend and make it one of those spur of the moment cross country affairs. Last one I did was in 96 when I rented a car and drove around the whole damn place in 18 days. 9500 miles. Two oil changes. And a Triangle Rental car Ford Taurus from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. God, it was beautiful to see their faces upon return.

I envy the fun of it all. Say hello to ole Jazman. And hornsandtubes!

kh

Me and another guy drove back to Reading, PA. from here in Eastern Washington, then down to Charlotte, NC.

Non-stop from Spokane to Reading. Gotta love the Amish!

I really loved driving through South Dakota.

Then things went lame, and I had to ride the infamous Greyhound home from Charlotte, 2,963 miles.

I'll never do that again.

It was a blast at times, and really sucked at other times.

The Greyhound sucked the whole time.

I'm not even sure if this little pick-up is up to it or not. I'd like too, I'm off season and have time.