NON audio posts

Jim Cornell

Personally, ive been here for years!

I dont see any reason at all why we caint talk as freinds as well as about audio here on the BB!

New comers come in here and see us ripping apart Klipschorns on odds and mods, the 2 channel is the High dollar post area, dont go there unless you have several thousands to play with!

Technical is sometimes to technical, ETC

Over the years, ive run into posts on audio i just plain know nothing about LOL

27 years into it, im still learning!

So far ive done everything, and tubes are now the new thing to me, ive never had them!

So i think from now on, if i feel like a non audio post, ill just use the general questions!

Keep it separated from the rest of the BB!

Now whos the dam winner of the contest LOL

Regards Jim

1.gif

I hate to get off topic as much as I and others do. I was just about to get all angry about it then I made like two posts that were totally off topic such as the contamination of my high school.

I think Klipsch needs to put in a no holds barred section where all NON KLIPSCH or NON AUDIO can be discussed. I hate to take away from the information here about audio, but sometimes you just need a friend to help you through a hard time, like a lost relative or a broken rist, err.. um wrist. Or in my case... brain misfires, purple/popping arms, coughing up of blood... and the rest. I am the local iron lung I guess LOL! I don't like to be sick, it just seems to like me. But in all reality, i don't get sick often, only I get REALLY sick when I do get sick. Right now I am on the rebound so I doubt I will get this plague that has hit my school... although i was just at a house with three victims. they look terrible!

Just being able to talk to people is worth more to me sometimes, youd be surprised, nothing intentional, tward ANYONE here at all, but think of the new people, and some of the talk and mods we look very rich here!

I have lots of off topic posts myself!

Justin, bummer to hear about your school, i hope your ok, this doenst sound normal to me at all, i hope nothing im thinking happens!

Nice REBELS on E-bay

Regards Jim9.gif

As a Newbie, I agree with you all thus far about having a General Forum where you can just vent about the latest political rants of the day to telling off-color jokes (I'm guilty of both, your Honor).

I've only posted two new topics to the Klipsch Forums so far, and both to the General Forum because they did not pertain to anything technical or to any other specific forum other than general.

And as to all the replies I've made thus far, I've been treated with kindness and respect from all the other Klipschans out there...sure, we all have our difference of opinions, and that's what makes this BB great! Sometimes, though, the bickering can get pretty intense because of different viewpoints, but in the end, everyone seems to kiss 'n' make up! 13.gif

As long as the Klipsch System Administrators and Forum Moderators keep it running smoothly, then I think the General Forum topics are a good thing for everyone involved!

While having an opportunity to rap about Klipsch in particular and audio in general brought me to this Forum, the opportunity to get to know Forum members better through their comments beyond audio is part of what keeps me coming back. Knowing contributers better by what they reveal about themselves on off-topic issues not only can be interesting... but gives clues as to how much I should consider the value of their audio opinions.

While having off-topic issuse primarily posted in the "General" section tends to keep the other segments more "on target"... there can be an isolated comment that bends a given post in another direction. And while that may wrankle someone's pride of topic authorship (including that of yours truly), the way a thread bends is largely a reflection of what folks on the web at that time want to talk about. If the topic of the thread is sufficiently popular... that will remain the mainstream of posts added to it. If something pops up that becomes more popular... that's the way the thread will go.

As most of us who have been active on this web for over a year or so, the Klipsch administrators tend to treat us Forum members as full grown, intelligent, and responsible posters. Oh, yes, the heavy hand can descend to de-hump a fiery forrest, but any such flame retardant action has been slow in application. To the credit of the administrators, there are more controversial discussions on this Forum (on and off topic) with fewer flames than just about any other similar web site I have seen. I'd like to think that it is the "chemistry" of persistant posters on this particular site... but maybe it's just that Klipsch owners have character beyond that found in the average Boze-O audio consumer.

Thanks to the open and honest attitude of most Forum posters, I have been able to meet people with common interests in Klipsch audio and beyond... in person, via email, and PM's on this Forum. This Christmas, like last Christmas, I received gifts from Forum folk that I have never met... or even seen a photo of. If my health returns this Spring, I shall probably build another national business after ten years of retirement... and it will likely include people around the U.S. that I first encountered on this Forum. I don't know about the rest of you... but I have never had that kind of thing happen on a web site completely not related to the nature of a business venture.

Sadly, I have also missed connecting with Forum folks visiting the S.F. Bay Area for one reason or another. And I truly feel a sense of loss... in the main, meeting Forum members and buying equipment on the Forum has been a far better experience than eBay ever thought of being.

So, Justin, not to worry if your favorite thread gets a little unraveled... just think of it as a way that readers vote... sometimes the thumb goes up in this "Klipsch Virtual Colesium"... and sometimes it coes down... and the subject gets changed. If you want the thread to reflect your interest, you have to put on a good show or be eaten by thread-bare Lions with a different tale. At least Forum Emperor BobG is sparing with his downturned thumb... so the burden of survival falls to the quality of your topic and the interest it ingenders. Those who sidetrack it cannot prevail if the mainstream topic is sufficiently inviting to other swimmers. =HornED

----------------

On 1/11/2003 1:51:41 PM HornEd wrote:

While having off-topic issuse primarily posted in the "General" section tends to keep the other segments more "on target"... their can be an isolated comment that bends a given post in another direction. =HornED

----------------

This is also known as Thread Hijacking 9.gif

Quote:

thus far, I've been treated with kindness and respect from all the other Klipschans out there...

Ahhh !!! Blow it out your ear Bozo 11.gif

AKA Welcome to the General Questions area of the forum .... It is so nice to have a place where sanity is neither required or even all that frequently encountered ! 9.gif

----------------

On 1/11/2003 8:31:38 PM lynnm wrote:

Quote:

thus far, I've been treated with kindness and respect from all the other Klipschans out there...

Ahhh !!! Blow it out your ear Bozo
11.gif

----------------

lynnm...Thanks for ruining it for me, a$@#&%?!7.gif

jt1stcav

"lynnm...Thanks for ruining it for me, a$@#&%?!7.gif "

I suspect your response is tongue in cheek but just in case you were actually offended I want you to know that my "Bozo" comment was purely and simply a joke. If my joke has misfired and caused offense please accept my apology.

lynnm...Sorry, it was just a joke! Really, my experience on this forum has been a positive one by everyone I've talked to (including you as well). I know everyone has their own opinions, and some toes do get stepped on. But we're all Klipschans at heart, and no matter what subject we might disagree on, we all love eachother (you know what I mean...2.gif!)

No hard feelings, and no need to apologize! 9.gif