Ebay search help - Please

lynnm

I haunt this forum obsessibly and keep a close eye on Ebay. Frequently I find that immediately after coming up empty when searching Ebay for Khorns etc. I will find working links provided by my forum mates, (thanks folks! ).

I know the most common search techniques but obviously some of you Folks have some techniques that might help me ! *

I am seriously on the prowl for my horns and have given up on the PWK set but......... Is that Cameron whining at my door ??

Gotta Run -----just in case !

* On reflection I decided that Kelly's good natured references to the rest of as Loons at times really has become a sort of trade mark for him and thus this edit.

I just go to Home Audio and Video and search on "klipsch", you'll get a load of stuff you don't really want but you can get practiced at skimming over it. Works for Scott, Eico, 12AX7, etc too. Just be sure to click the box that says search in Home Audio and Video Only" or the searchs will be really slow.

Sometimes you can find stuff based on popular mis-spellings too. "Klipsh" has found stuff for me.

I actually had a memorized search that looked for "La Scala" and "LaScala", that how I found my DIY LS boxes in Chicago. It would email me when something turned up. You'll need to set up a "My Ebay" for that deal, nothing to it though.

Tom

LYNNM: Check your local bargain finder in calgary and keep watching. I'll watch the one in edmonton, i have todays issue on my desk, There's a set af lascala's in today's paper the guy claims there mint and wants $2200.00 thats way to much, as they go for $900.00 to $1400.00 most of the time.

Last month there was a black pair of k-horns that sold for $2700.00 and i see them come up all the time.

E-mail me when you get a chance, i've got a few connections up here that i could check out for you.

Dale

Edit : My best friend , his name is also Dale bought a pair of k-horns last year in walnut, he's been looking for years. But he wanted them to match his walnut belles , he looked at 15 or 20 pairs around edmonton in the last 2 years . So that goes to show you they come up for sale a lot.

He drives the k's with a nak PA-7 and the belles with a nak-PA-5. All analog gear.

LYNNM, i don't believe he paid anymore than $3000.00 for the walnut k's and they are to say the least "MINT ". there also the newer model with the disk type magnet.

The advice on searching for mispellings seems to be pretty helpful.

When I got my heresies I had previously done a search for "klipsch heresy" and come up with nothing that I wanted.

Then I did a search of "klipsch" and came up with "Vintage Klipsch Hersey Speakers" Hmm, somebody lost an"E" somewhere along the line.

It seem s to me that not a lot of people bid on the ones I got(which I outbid somebody by 1 cent for 11.gif ) perhaps because the usual Heresy crowd didn't know they existed.

Peace, Josh

Lynnm,

From the ebay Home page, type in Klipsch in the "What are you looking for?" box. After cliking the Find it button, ebay will produce a list of all items for sale with Klipsch in the for sale line. Next, simply use your Favorites menu to choose "Add to favorites... and you'll always have a list of Klipsch speakers for sale to display just by adding your Favorites window to your browser display. It should appear as Items matching (Klipsch). You can do the same for any other key word like Klipschorns or Khorns, etc. to get a quick listing of what's for sale with that word.

Klipsch out.