Kg4 passive radiator Klipsch insignia

Micklipsch

1 hour ago, Micklipsch said:

I’m shopping for a pair of kg4s and noticing a vast majority of them don’t have the klipsch insignia on the passive radiator. Were there years where they didn’t come with them, or is it an indicator they were replaced? Thanks!

Yes not likely replaced. Came... with and without.

Mine came...Not typically seen anyway.

Congrats!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Can always rely on the Klipsch community to help in a hurry.

I found a few pairs near me, ones in black that are supposedly in pretty good condition for $300, and a walnut set at a store for $519, but I’ve yet to reel and deal on those. Came to the conclusion my CF4s are just too huge for the space they’re in and they also block the TV at an angle. So those beasts are going to go into the next home’s home theater and I’ll likely set them up as 2 channel stereo in the interim. Therefore I really like the form factor of the KG4s coupled with their amazing performance. 

This also might warrant grabbing a downsized center channel to match with whatever veneer I go with. Without researching, does anybody know which center channel is a match to those? Or should I just go out and look for the KLF C7? I’ve heard a lot of good things about that one. I currently use the KV4 with my Epics. They both look pretty similar save for thr C7s actually having a wood veneer whereas the KV4s do not. 

1 hour ago, John Chi-town said:

I do not believe any of the KG series ever had the Klipsch insignia on the passive radiators.  The forte series never had either until possibly the series III.  The series IV definitely has the passive insignia.  

Pic of my uncle’s

7E13B945-2F7B-4285-82AB-F62B9DCC5722.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, John Chi-town said:

I stand corrected.

Yeah my uncle and I were in question about this but we got to the bottom of it when we called my other uncle, his brother, to check his KG4s and they did not have the insignia. He’s the original owner and never replaced them. So, mystery solved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure the earliest production years of the kg2/kg4 had the logo-printed radiators.  They probably discontinued that to trim production costs, as doing that printing requires material and labor costs and doesn't add to the appearance once the speakers are in place.  My original pair of kg2 and kg4 had printed radiators.  I traded those in.  I recently purchased a used pair of kg2 for nostalgia.  This pair is a later production year and does not have printed radiators.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I'm pretty sure the earliest production years of the kg2/kg4 had the logo-printed radiators.  They probably discontinued that to trim production costs, as doing that printing requires material and labor costs and doesn't add to the appearance once the speakers are in place.  My original pair of kg2 and kg4 had printed radiators.  I traded those in.  I recently purchased a used pair of kg2 for nostalgia.  This pair is a later production year and does not have printed radiators.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Uncle’s with the insignia are ‘85s, so pretty much start of the run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Micklipsch said:

Were there years where they didn’t come with them, or is it an indicator they were replaced? Thanks!

klipsch  manufactured  dust caps with  the klipsch  PWK logo in  the 80's-90-2000 -2010 and even  2020's  but they use  them on and off  ,  they show up on the KG   - the K-43 -K-33 -   Cinema Pro woofers , subwoofers ,  and even on a few  of  the   Forte III-Forte  IV passive drones in a black embossed scheme , 

image.jpeg.835a8e7761c4aa22c94de6d31474a5db.jpegCornwall.PNGK-43 KLIPSCH 画像Review: Klipsch Forte III - Son-Vidéo.com: blog

• Thanks 1