Sold

Fondool

Howdy, I've been lurking around these forums but this will be my first post. I'll probably regret this but I'm seeing if there is any interest in these Chorus iis in oak. I've had these for about 2 years and they are in very good shape for their age. The tweeters and crossovers were replaced with Crites components in 2012 by the previous owner. I have the orginal crossovers and and tweeters in the Crites packaging. My location is 80501, Longmont, CO. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know. Thanks! 

20230420_110709.jpg

20230420_110536.jpg

20230420_110420.jpg

20230420_104900.jpg

20230420_105120.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fondool said:

Yeah I'm really not too keen to get involved with any kind of shipping on these, sorry. 

Those appear to be in really nice shape they should sell quickly- can I ask what you replaced them with? 

Honestly I haven't decided on where I'm going next speaker wise. I really wanted these Chorus to work...I really love their energy and detail (detail at low volume levels especailly) but I'm having major issues with listening fatigue. I've tried a lineup of different amps, receivers, preamps and a tube dac but I just can't get comfortable with the sound. It's embarassing to admit but it's driving me a little nuts trying to figure out how to make them work for me...I think about it way too much haha. Anyway I'm in the stage of life with 2 grade school kids, sports, work etc where I just don't have time or money to keep playing around and buying components as fun/maddening as it is. I just need something simple that I can listen to without fatigue, I've got some old Advents playing right now, they're on loan from a buddy and they sound pretty good for being older than me. There's a really long answer to a simple question, treating this forum as free audio psychiatric care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fondool said:

Honestly I haven't decided on where I'm going next speaker wise. I really wanted these Chorus to work...I really love their energy and detail (detail at low volume levels especailly) but I'm having major issues with listening fatigue. I've tried a lineup of different amps, receivers, preamps and a tube dac but I just can't get comfortable with the sound. It's embarassing to admit but it's driving me a little nuts trying to figure out how to make them work for me...I think about it way too much haha. Anyway I'm in the stage of life with 2 grade school kids, sports, work etc where I just don't have time or money to keep playing around and buying components as fun/maddening as it is. I just need something simple that I can listen to without fatigue, I've got some old Advents playing right now, they're on loan from a buddy and they sound pretty good for being older than me. There's a really long answer to a simple question, treating this forum as free audio psychiatric care.

Have you tried returning to stock?  You have the parts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the Crites diaphragms  were very bright   ,the crossovers  with Sonicap capacitors  , the sound is very electronic   ,  go back to the klipsch originals if you want a tamer /warmer , more natural sound 

No I haven't, I'm a little nervous to crack into them and I've got no experience with doing so. It seems like a lot a Forte/Chorus from this era had the same thing done to them, upgrade the tweeters and crossovers and leave the midrange stock. Was this a Crites recommendation at the time?

3 minutes ago, Fondool said:

No I haven't, I'm a little nervous to crack into them and I've got no experience with doing so. It seems like a lot a Forte/Chorus from this era had the same thing done to them, upgrade the tweeters and crossovers and leave the midrange stock. Was this a Crites recommendation at the time?

All that is required is a screwdriver.  Very simple procedure.  I or others could walk you through if you want to give it a try before selling.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fondool said:

I'm looking at videos now, tweeter looks very easy to change. What does the cossover swap  involve?

Simply remove the terminal cup, remove connections on back side of and reinstall original xovers.  The originals should mount to the back of the terminal cup.  You should be able to Google a video on as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Fondool said:

Regarding the stain, I just went and looked. I honestly never noticed but it seems like a little extra wear to that lower left corner of the grill, hard for me tell what it is.

Still though...great shape overall. Usually speakers this (old) are thrashed. Someone took great care of those. These are very sought after.. 👌 Hopefully, they'll work for you after returning to stock

6 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

Simply remove the terminal cup, remove connections on back side of and reinstall original xovers.  The originals should mount to the back of the terminal cup.  You should be able to Google a video on as well.

Thanks John, I may give that a whirl if nobody jumps on these. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fondool said:

Thanks John, I may give that a whirl if nobody jumps on these. 

I would pull the ad until you try.  I think you will regret if not.  Also, all original will command a higher asking/sale price if you still find fatiguing. However, I think the changes will correct that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mikekid said:

Still though...great shape overall. Usually speakers this (old) are thrashed. Someone took great care of those. These are very sought after.. 👌 Hopefully, they'll work for you after returning to stock

Yeah the guy I got them from took some serious time sourcing them and really babied them, he wanted to keep them but also got a deal on some La Scalas and his wife said he couldn't keep both. I felt pretty lucky to get them but  have been struggling with them a bit as mentioned above.

• Like 2

• Fondool changed the title to Sold