1940s Heritage speaker set PRE Klipsch with Paul's Blueprints

My grandfather was a rich and well known man who was friends with Paul. He gave my grandfather blueprints of his original speakers. They built two sets, with the TV stands / entertainment centers. My dad was bequeathed a set along with the blueprints by Paul Klipsch. They are in great condition, sound great, I'm looking for more info on them (my brother has the other set) and value. Thanks! Lmk how to post photos. It only offers images from Url? I'm in Oklahoma btw. 

7 hours ago, klipsch curious said:

My grandfather was a rich and well known man who was friends with Paul. He gave my grandfather blueprints of his original speakers. They built two sets, with the TV stands / entertainment centers. My dad was bequeathed a set along with the blueprints by Paul Klipsch. They are in great condition, sound great, I'm looking for more info on them (my brother has the other set) and value. Thanks! Lmk how to post photos. It only offers images from Url? I'm in Oklahoma btw. 

This is an interesting bit of history. 

The "Historian" who monitors this particular forum goes by "JRH" and is a longtime Klipsch engineer. I would follow his advice and ignore the other chatter. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PWK shared his blueprints with many in the beginning.  He ceased the practice fairly soon, as most home builders screwed it up.  I would guess these to be made between 1946 and 1949.  They certainly should be preserved!  I'd love to see some pics from the back side.  I'd also like to get the name of your grandfather, as there could be correspondence in our files. If you'd rather not post this info on the Forum, you can send it to jim@klipschmuseum.org.  

• Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 10:32 AM, JRH said:

PWK shared his blueprints with many in the beginning.  He ceased the practice fairly soon, as most home builders screwed it up.  I would guess these to be made between 1946 and 1949.  They certainly should be preserved!  I'd love to see some pics from the back side.  I'd also like to get the name of your grandfather, as there could be correspondence in our files. If you'd rather not post this info on the Forum, you can send it to jim@klipschmuseum.org.  

John J Gazalski, owner of G&H Decoys was my grandfather. They made two sets, this set is in original excellent condition. I believe these were made in 45 or 46, it was before he opened his business, these were practice sets or prototypes you could say. I'll get them out again and look, and will email you more photos. The panel on the side to get inside it has many screws so it won't be easy for me to open it but I'll try, to look for more info. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OO1 said:

Yep, he took over after grandpa John J Gazalski passed, now someone else owns it after he passed last year. My other uncle Don passed just before my dad John V, in February. Sad, they're all gone now :( But the stories and keepsakes and memories last forever. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, klipsch curious said:

Yep, he took over after grandpa John J Gazalski passed,  My other uncle Don passed just before my dad John V, in February.  

Please accept all our Condolences for the loss of your Dad , and your  2 Uncles Dick  and Donald  , God Bless  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

you know this gose to show how small of a world we live in my father in law use to wright the tulsa world outdoors ccolumm Sam powell for many years before Kelly got this position kelly is very good at his job and Sam was glade to see him get the job  i know this has nothing to do about speakers i just saw this and had to say something 

https://tulsaworld.com/the-original-henryettan/article_83b04600-f6a9-5499-a301-0a3e84e61dd2.html

Edited by philco90