KLF 30

I bought a new pair of KLF30 in 1999. I really liked them for rock music. They had real balls. I had them about 2 years when the cabinets developed buzzes and rattles. Long story short--there were some production issues with "glue." The Company offered me a full retail refund - $1798.00, which for 2 year old speakers seemed very generous, so I took them up on it. (Good lord, they even shipped me two brand new cartons to send them home in. My dog (at that time - since passed - chased the truck driver all the way down the block before I could coral him (the dog, not the driver). Man, was he pissed.

I liked the way they easily fit into the two different rooms I had them in. Easy to place and easy to get good sound out of them. I had a big Phase Linear amp, and those speakers could swallow that amp. Of course, that would have been awfully loud. More loud than I can stand. But at the time I played mostly (non-metal) rock and jazz, and the dang things just sounded great, looked great.

If I saw a pair today in a thrift shop for a couple hundo, I'd probably take them home!

• Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 12:42 AM, Iteachstem said:

I had a set a few years back.  Several of the woofers had loose dust caps when I received them, so while I had the drivers out to do the repairs, I decided to try something else in the mean time.  I wanted to try the popular Ciare 321 woofers( link at the bottom) everyone was using, but they were out of stock at the time. (Plus these are a somewhat expensive investment at around $750

62951119473__B00C9CE2-DE5F-4DF9-A23C-A2A4F4FD2058.jpg

T

To my knowledge, they are produced by Eminence for Klipsch

20 hours ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

I bought a new pair of KLF30 in 1999. I really liked them for rock music. They had real balls. I had them about 2 years when the cabinets developed buzzes and rattles. Long story short--there were some production issues with "glue." The Company offered me a full retail refund - $1798.00, which for 2 year old speakers seemed very generous, so I took them up on it. (Good lord, they even shipped me two brand new cartons

Had to be Crutchfield.    Spectacular customer service. 🙂

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Had to be Crutchfield.    Spectacular customer service. 🙂

Not quite. I bought them at Circuit City (bankrupt now) - remember them?  And as far as the full refund and the new shipping cartons, that came directly from Klipsch HQ, courtesy of one Mr. Bob Gasser(sp). He was a real gem, as was the rest of the company.

Now, as for Crutchfield. In 2021, I bought a pair of Klipsch towers (model numbers escape me). About $1500 if I recall. I got them quickly and tried my damndest to get them to sound good in my odd-shaped room, but alas, after a month of trying, I called Crutchfield, and they took them back for a full refund. So YES! They are absolutely wonderful on cust service.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2023 at 6:03 AM, jjptkd said:

I do like the KLF-30's my first impression was they landed right in the middle of the forte - Chorus performance wise in a nice slender tower speaker sized cabinet and every time I'd visit my brother I was always impressed when he'd crank up the tunes those 4-12's can sure provide some excellent bass slam. I'm pretty sure my next project is going to be based on the same dual 12 design probably with the Ciare woofers. 

I haven't regretted one bit putting the Ciare woofers in mine. I pump 500 old school Crown watts into mine and beat the hell out of them and they haven't let me down yet. 

The original woofers.....that's a different story.

• Like 2