Anyone Recognize This Klipsch 2x 12" Subwoofer? Maybe A Good Project??

rszoke

Greetings to the experts - does anyone recognize what Klipsch model this is?   Guessing only one active.  I'm thinking maybe a good little project to see if can get this working again - would end up as my garage subwoofer.

Greatly appreciate any thoughts as what this & in your opinion, worthwhile as a little project?  Thank you very much!

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/tucson-klipsch-two-12-inch-subwoofer/7635417776.html

Best Regards,

Rick

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Edited by rszoke
update

Thanks guys for the feedback - from searching on this model, looks like they have less than robust amp - but hey for $20, I think can be a good learning experience with potential payoff should I actually get it working. 

Also being in Chandler AZ - Edwards Electronics is nearby Mesa should I really want to invest in this - but I don't think so for this particular model.

I will reach out to the seller to see if can make this happen.

Thanks again!!

Aloha,

Rick

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rszoke said:

Thanks guys for the feedback - from searching on this model, looks like they have less than robust amp - but hey for $20, I think can be a good learning experience with potential payoff should I actually get it working. 

Also being in Chandler AZ - Edwards Electronics is nearby Mesa should I really want to invest in this - but I don't think so for this particular model.

I will reach out to the seller to see if can make this happen.

Thanks again!!

Aloha,

Rick

If you want to. Would not invest much. Check the fuse first. May get lucky...

• Like 1

I had many sw12's and sw15's over the years.  All of them were turned into passive subs as the amps all went bad of course.  I wouldn't waste any time on any of them anymore...there's so much better out there. 

I don't know if I would even spend $35 for the sub and passive these days... let alone $170 plus tax ( $135+$35 shipping)