Do I finally hang up my Heritage setup and move on?

alkemyst

I am running a set of Chorus II (Crites) and Academy with same upgrades and looking at DeanG upgrades.  I don't think the popbumper is around anymore :(

I have
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-250S
Front Height: Klipsch RP-500SA
AV: Denon AVR-X3500H
DVD: Panasonic DP-UB820P-K

Media: Roku Ultra (latest)
Media: Apple TV (latest)

Cable: XFinity Premier

Vizio P75QX-H1 I wanted the 85" but at the time no 85" were available.

There has been a lot of incredible deals on Klipsch lately and my speakers are big, they fit though.

I am getting ready to add a sub and go to some DeanG.

What would you do?

Å

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, alkemyst said:

I am running a set of Chorus II (Crites) and Academy with same upgrades and looking at DeanG upgrades.  I don't think the popbumper is around anymore :(

@Deang  can rebuild you some  brand new klipsch Chorus II crossovers with all new klipsch parts  , send him a PM 

1 hour ago, Peacemaker said:

Would that result in an improvement in sound quality for the O.P.?

yes it will   ,  as we speak ,  the O.P  is realising that his  Chorus II  do  not sound  like  klipsch Chorus II because the networks or capacitors are aftermarkets  ,  he can install  new klipsch  parts  to restore the klipsch sound   or he can  purchase a used set of   Chorus II crossovers  

13 hours ago, OO1 said:

yes it will   ,  as we speak ,  the O.P  is realising that his  Chorus II  do  not sound  like  klipsch Chorus II because the networks or capacitors are aftermarkets  ,  he can install  new klipsch  parts  to restore the klipsch sound   or he can  purchase a used set of   Chorus II crossovers  

Oh! Didn't get from their post that this is a "Klipsch sound" issue.  From the O.P.'s title and post I thought they were talking primarily about potentially downsizing from Heritage to another Klipsch line. 

O.P., please weigh in and reply. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 8:27 PM, OO1 said:

Not exactly the reason, just that most speakers today even high end are different form factor.   I love the sound of mine setup.   However; I have heard Crities was more a stock rebuild, but DeanG puts higher quality components and some other tricks in (like the Popbumpers did).