HS graduation and chances

Marvel

I really love my kids and grandkids, and the same goes for my wife's kids and grandkids (remarried after the loss of my first wife).

So... while being home in the Philippines, we were able to attend and celebrate the older grandsons high school graduation. Whew! What an affair. Anyway, we're really proud of him because his last two years he was in a STEM program. We didn't know he loves math... his last report cards were 96 and above, aced physics. So he got a couple honors awards at the ceremony.

IMG_1401~2.jpg

• Like 6

Secondly, he was able to get accepted into the Electrical Engineering program at UST, the University of Santo Tomas, in Manila. This gives him a great opportunity that a lot of Filipinos don't get. Don't get me wrong, a lot go on to college, but if he gets the degree in that field he can have a good life there. For a lot of them, it's no different than here. It might get you an interview but that's it. 

And just as an aside... here's a picture with him and some of his classmates... I see there could be a problem here. And he's the quiet type...

20230718_192656~2.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

I really love my kids and grandkids, and the same goes for my wife's kids and grandkids (remarried after the loss of my first wife).

So... while being home in the Philippines, we were able to attend and celebrate the older grandsons high school graduation. Whew! What an affair. Anyway, we're really proud of him because his last two years he was in a STEM program. We. Didn't know he loves math... his last report cards were 96 and above, aced physics. So he got a couple honors awards at the ceremony.

IMG_1401~2.jpg

is Your Wife's Grandson ,  already married , he's wearing a wedding band  on the right hand 

Ha! The answer to that would be no. And he doesn't even have a gf. He's a bit nerdy, really kind of quiet and loves to study. And it's on his right hand, which could mean depending on the culture your in.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, Marvel said:

So... while being home in the Philippines, we were able to attend and celebrate the older grandsons high school graduation. Whew! What an affair. Anyway, we're really proud of him because his last two years he was in a STEM program. We didn't know he loves math... his last report cards were 96 and above, aced physics. So he got a couple honors awards at the ceremony.

IMG_1401~2.jpg

w0w ..

What a Trip ..

Literally. 😀

• Like 1