Questions about the forthcoming Heritage Subs (Spring of 2024)

John Chi-town

36 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Welcome. 

Because we like to look at our glowing tubes or blue meters. Just esthetics, nothing more. Never understood why people put monoblock amps directly on the floor either. 

As you surmise, an additional 6', 10', even 25' will make no audible difference. 

I think you will see more and more move their racks to the side to make room for the new Heritage Sub that's been announced to sit up front with their Heritage speakers. 

Welcome to the Forum.

Travis

Travis has a release date been announced on the Heritage sub?  Will there be more than one option and wood grain?  TIA.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

Travis has a release date been announced on the Heritage sub?  Will there be more than one option and wood grain?  TIA.

You know, they may ask the participants market research questions, they did at the last class. When it get's closer I may do an informal poll on here that I will pass along for whatever it's worth. 

I have gone through many of the brochures in the archives, from about 1955 to at least mid '80s. Wood finish and stain color is very much cyclical, just like fashion. Darker colors, lighter colors. 

"I'm an oak man myself, are you an oak man Jimmy?" - Mr. Wolf. Oak was all over the brochures in 80s. 

Late 50s into early 60s Teak and Primivera (lighter, modern). 

So we will see.

Travis

3 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

I would love it if they offered some exotic veneer like they did on their WF-35 series. In my opinion, this was the nicest finish on any Klipsch factory speaker.

image.png.50b3cffb2b9702436e0e8cef1e832288.png

image.thumb.png.2c433714c94f6f86e9bcd02579d3841a.png

I'm not sure I agree, Merlot Palladiums get my vote

Merlot.jpg

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

I would love it if they offered some exotic veneer like they did on their WF-35 series. In my opinion, this was the nicest finish on any Klipsch factory speaker.

I believe those are Berlinia/Ebiara, also called "Red Zebrawood". The Zebrawood is a nickname, Berlina is a different family than Zebrawood. Sawdust from Zebrawood is toxic and is banned in the EU. 

So it's a possibility. Will pass it along. Actually, as things get rolling I may start an informal poll. Don't know that it will do any good, but at least I can forward the input. 

Sustainability: This wood species is not listed in the CITES Appendices or on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. However, certain species of Berlinia are listed as endangered (B. hollandii) or vulnerable (B. occidentalis and B. orientalis), though they do not appear to be among the commonly traded species sold as Ebiara.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm not sure I agree, Merlot Palladiums get my vote

Merlot.jpg

Very beautiful, no doubt at all.

Palliduims were done in "Linia wood" in a horizontal aebra pattern, 3 stains. I am not sure exactly what Linea wood is, except that it is a high-end man-made veneer (using real wood). The process allows for different patterns, etc. that you cannot get from a normal wood veneer process.

"The P-39F features what Klipsch calls a ‘Linia’ veneer. Linia is a very close match to zebrawood. It is a hand-selected zebra-grain veneer produced from real wood; tree sources include the Ayous, Obeche and Italian Poplar. These trees are part of a government-sanctioned controlled harvest, so they are a renewable wood resource."

These high-end, man-made veneers with real wood are typically 10X the cost of even more expensive wood veneers such as rosewood or teak.

Travis

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Very beautiful, no doubt at all.

Palliduims were done in "Linia wood" in a horizontal aebra pattern, 3 stains. I am not sure exactly what Linea wood is, except that it is a high-end man-made veneer (using real wood). The process allows for different patterns, etc. that you cannot get from a normal wood veneer process.

"The P-39F features what Klipsch calls a ‘Linia’ veneer. Linia is a very close match to zebrawood. It is a hand-selected zebra-grain veneer produced from real wood; tree sources include the Ayous, Obeche and Italian Poplar. These trees are part of a government-sanctioned controlled harvest, so they are a renewable wood resource."

These high-end, man-made veneers with real wood are typically 10X the cost of even more expensive wood veneers such as rosewood or teak.

Travis

Interesting process for sure. I like the Espresso finish also, it has a high end look to the darkness. In some situations based on a home's design and decorations, the Espresso might look better, they blend into the background more than the Merlot. I have a whole 5 channel Merlot set, but my sub is natural, it doesn't appeal to me like the other two, but beggars can't be choosers. The sub is also missing the grill 😒

P312.jpg

7 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

Those do look very nice, you better hang on to those. Is that cherry?

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Those do look very nice, you better hang on to those. Is that cherry?

That pic is from the web.  However, I do have a set in espresso.  I bought them used, so they have some signs of use, but they still look presentable.  I'm using them in my guest bedroom.... it's hard to see the grain in the picture , but it looks great in person.

From the Klipsch web: https://www.klipsch.com/products/wf-35-floorstanding-speaker

...we selected an exotic, non-endangered Berlinia veneer from West Africa. Berlinia is a sister veneer to Zebrawood, which is often featured on luxury goods.

The ones below are mine.  The grill cloth had several rips in them, so I removed it and just rock out the plastic grill frame... it looks pretty cool!  What I really like are the rounded edges/corners.  It softens the traditional "Well, there's another rectangular speaker!" look.

IMG_9694.jpg

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9693.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

That pic is from the web.  However, I do have a set in espresso.  I bought them used, so they have some signs of use, but they still look presentable.  I'm using them in my guest bedroom.... it's hard to see the grain in the picture , but it looks great in person.

From the Klipsch web: https://www.klipsch.com/products/wf-35-floorstanding-speaker

...we selected an exotic, non-endangered Berlinia veneer from West Africa. Berlinia is a sister veneer to Zebrawood, which is often featured on luxury goods.

The ones below are mine.  The grill cloth had several rips in them, so I removed it and just rock out the plastic grill frame... it looks pretty cool!  What I really like are the rounded edges/corners.  It softens the traditional "Well, there's another rectangular speaker!" look.

IMG_9694.jpg

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9693.jpg

Those are nice, I like them better than the cherry. The dark Espresso just looks more expensive, classy. The grill without the fabric looks way better than one would think, an industrial look. You might just start a trend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1