HELP ME CONTROL ANGER AND STRESS!

JasN00b

AHHHHHHHHHHH

i dont feel like explaining the circumstances but i'm feeling an intense desire to beat the **** out of a kid who has fully warrented it... but i refuse to hurt anybody. i'm unusually strong for my age, and if i started beating on him... about 3 kids and 2 teachers in the school would be strong enough to stop me... and i'd be worried i'd seriously hurt this kid.

thus i am i wanted to see what you guys do to help manage your anger. i have a lot.

my spanish teacher gave me a stress ball... i popped it.... ductaped it back togehter.

but thats not enough.

everything you guys do... i need help!

i know this sounds stupid and i'm gonna get flammed for it but i'm a damned teenager cut me some slack!!!

haha hes too much of a woman to throw the first punch... and i dont really have time for martial arts...

i miss football though... talk about always tired.

miss one saturday practice(supposed to be on field at 7:30AM).. run 5 miles in full pads... then come back to practice get my *** kicked... and run normal conditioning.

plus i could knock people on thier asses and visa verca and get my anger out

----------------

On 1/25/2003 9:33:14 PM JasN00b wrote:

my spanish teacher gave me a stress ball... i popped it.... ductaped it back togehter.

----------------

LOL9.gif9.gif

my advice; sleep it off.

otherwise beat the sh*t of the kid, and feel horrible about it later(maybe much much... later but old or new, regret still stings) all for what, a momentary relief of teen spirit...

----------------

On 1/25/2003 9:33:14 PM JasN00b wrote:

i dont feel like explaining the circumstances...

----------------

well, why not? all these are really just circumstances, I admit it is easy to say than to realize when it's happening u... from my view, it seems like u already know u'll regret doing this so do what is good for u, giving urself a headache over something or someone as worthless only hurts u.

Okay, you're doing very well to recognize that you're very annoyed. Let me give some practical, rather than philosophical advice. It works for me.

Please recognize that if you hit someone, you're putting yourself in a bad situation. Cops, lawyers, jail time. You get the bad rap while the little joker gets to just go on and twink someone else. The twinking might be partially in your head (who can tell, sometimes I wonder if it is in my own head), but you must take care of it none the less. Your post indicates you know that. I just want to acknowledge it. Keep up the good work.

I well recognize (at age 50) that there are folks out there that are so annoying, insulting, and frustrating that one is naturally driven to anger. You, yourself, will have to get yourself to a situation where you see that such pieces of lower bowel inhabit our world and walk among us with impunity. Some are in positions of power, some are just small animals. It took me a while to recognize it.

There was a Calvin and Hobbs cartoon, perhaps a bootleg. The little fellow has a very screwed up look on his face. The caption is, "Stress is the act of suppressing the urge to choke the living excrement out of some guy who richly deserves it." Very true. If you find it, please send me a copy, I'd like to frame it.

But what to do as a practical thing? so that you remain a gentleman and scholar, which you are, and want to continue to be. I believe that such experiences puts adrenyline (sp?) into our system and it has an effect on our mind. You have to work it out. Physically and mentally.

The gym is the place for the physical. Try the weight machines. This is a bit anti-intuitive and non-intellectual, but it works. Follow the weight lifting regiment. Find what you can lift in one rep. Then back off to 70 %. You should be able to do 10 reps or so. An instructor or coach can get you set up. Weight lifting is very beneficial to mental health.

That last sentence is something I could not have believed in my teens and 20's. I was an enlightened intellectual, and not a jock. None the less, primative urges are based in biochemistry. The biochemisty of anger can get in the way of the biochemistry of intellect, insight, and benevoltent emotion.

Here let me point out that our biggest muscle mass is in our legs and trunk. So it is not just an arm and shoulder thing. Do leg presses and crunches on the weight machines, too. A buddy said that the secret to upper body strength is lower body strength. He was talking about something else. None the less, work the big muscles too. You're working more muscle.

Do some reps. When you're at rep 10 or so, you think you can't do any more. That is when you recall the insults and barbs. Contrary to what Obie Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader debated, DO let the anger flow. Dwell on it, recognize it. Put the anger into the last couple of reps. Then you can get to the mental. Putting the anger into the weight machine is not "justice" we know. On the other hand, it is better that our anger goes there, rather than being misdirected to one of our loved ones.

The mental thing is more difficult. Many of us come from polite families. In the outside world, there are the 'little jokers', the 'lower bowel' , the 'petty tyrants'. Very annoying. Please be careful that your dealings with them (which can not be avoided) do not rob you of your dignity, your own knighthood.

After decades of careful study, I reach a conclusion.

Some difficult people who you meet are pretty decent if you meet them half way. It may take some charm, discussion, and figuring out what the dynamics of the setting need to work out. Ask them, what is your problem. Maybe they'll tell you they're annoyed because of X,Y,Z. Maybe nobody asked.

You might have to discuss the social issues with others. Tell others, "Yeah, he is demanding, but fair." Or "We will never see eye to eye, but I can work with him, when we have to."

There are some hard core folks, though. Sometimes you have to walk away. They will always be nasty. And do walk away.

Now you have it, advice from an old guy. I better go to the gym.

Gil

"Some difficult people who you meet are pretty decent if you meet them half way. It may take some charm, discussion, and figuring out what the dynamics of the setting need to work out. Ask them, what is your problem. Maybe they'll tell you they're annoyed because of X,Y,Z. Maybe nobody asked.

You might have to discuss the social issues with others. Tell others, "Yeah, he is demanding, but fair." Or "We will never see eye to eye, but I can work with him, when we have to."

There are some hard core folks, though. Sometimes you have to walk away. And do walk away."

I agree with all of this.

The "HARD CORE" are either really nice secular humanists, non religious, or people faking being religious(ie. Militant Islam).

I have met atheists ans agnostics that were quite Christian in their behavior although they practice no faith.

This week I was lied to be the same person at work 5 times over 10 days about a $ 200,000 problem the gentleman caused.

I never even raised my voice. He is responsible for the problem alone with no team support due to his arrogant and unethical behavior.

Several thoughts about these kinds of people make me happy actually.

-they must have a poor self immage and cannot muster up the mettle to adress it in a positive manner

-I clearly know I cannnot trust them with the lives of my family in times of need

-over time their peer group and friends will shun them if they do not repent

-eventually they will answer to their maker

Overtly crappy people are easy to get over for me.

The friendly, slimy, sinister , evil types are the ones I struggle with.

theres no rugby leauge around here for my age >=(

one of my football coachs played rugby thought... so we got a lot of that sorta thing.

LOL That reminds me of him scriminaging against us wearing only a helmet... (in sandals) and just wrecking our team

i'm some gross mixture of jock geek musician... i think God was a little confused when he put me together but i understand the benifits of weight lifting as well as the mental ways of reliving stress...

and i do believe in lower body strenght's importance

i remember back in the junior high when i was on the 8th grade track team last year... in the weight room the leg pressing maching only went up to about 510...

i'm not even kidding when i saw 4 jaws dropped at me maxing out the weight machine... lol