Tuco2

Hello folks,

I've never owned a pair of Klipsch speakers until now.  Fortunately, I am now in a position to purchase a pair.  I considered the Heresy's.  However,  I have a large room.  I decided to go with and just purchased the Forte 4s.  I'll be using a pair of amp camp amps XLR bridged.  I built the amps myself.  Can anyone recommend preferably a streamer/DAC combination or separate streamer and DAC that would sound good with the Forte 4s?  I like the Eversolo DMP A6.  However, the YouTube reviews all say the Eversolo sounds bright.  I know the Forte 4s already sound bright.  I like the Forte 4 sound.  I just don't want to add additional brightness.  I was also considering the Bluesound Node? 

I would like to keep the price around $1200 dollars or less if possible.  

Thanks in advance for any assistance the community can give.

I have a Cambridge Audio MXN10. One thing I like about this streamer is I have 4 TB of FLAC files that I connect to it. The app works flawlessly with it. Then get a Geshelli Labs with the AKM 4499 chip. I think I like this combo better than my MHDT Havanna DAC. IMO

I use the Bluesound Node with the standard DAC running through a single ACA for my Forte IIIs and love it. I've heard that balanced/bridged ACAs sound a little brighter because you lose the 2nd order harmonics, but I don't know that personally. I'm anxious to hear what you think when you make your decision and have it all up and running.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I've heard the Venus is an excellent DAC.  The clock in the Venus makes that DAC.  I like the price of the Wiim Pro.  A lot of Node's out there as well. One thing I've noticed from the input are the amount of us that agree on separate streamers and DAC's.  Thanks for that input ref. the ACA CWelsh.  Did you build the ACA?  I built both of mine. The build was a fun relaxing project.  I I've tested the amps.  Electrically they are fine.  I'll be hooking them up to some less expensive speakers to test before hooking them up to the Fortes.  I'll hook one amp up to the speakers first and have a listen before hooking up both amps and let everyone know the difference if any in sound.

I was looking at the sbooster 24v linear power supply for the amps.  However, I don't think the $400 dollars connected to the ACA will be worth the cost vs. benefit.  Although I could order a pair and send them back if they don't make a big difference.

I've heard good things about the Geshelli Labs DAC.  The Geshelli is made in the USA (FL) not far from where I live.

Unfortunately,  It'll be a while before I hook everything up.  I'm still deciding on a streamer and DAC.  Also, I'm planning on replacing the carpet in the house with new flooring.  I'm keeping the speakers in their boxes until I finish the floors.  Carpets and dogs don't work very well together IMO.

I didn't mention in my original post I have a Schitt Freya + tube pre amp. 

Once again thank you everyone for the input.  I look forward to being a contributing member of the Klipsch Community. 

Here is the flavor of the month.  That is not necessarily a bad thing as the Benchamrk DAC1 was a FOTM when it came out. 

Eversolo DMP-A6

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C48P4TQT?psc=1

Well below your budget and getting great reviews everywhere.  The screen and meters are quite nice to look at.  I like that you can add a cheap SSD and load it up with your music too.  No NAS needed.

Google it and you will see the reviews.  Here is the Steve Huff review. 

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2023/05/02/eversolo-dmp-a6-streamer-and-dac-review-insane/