Advice for rears for Cornwalls

archdukeobvious

I'm needing some advice for what to use for my rears to pair with my front Cornwall 1s and Chorus II center. I was intending on putting my Heresy IIs as the rears, but whoever built my house decided to put the door to the room on one side and a window on the other in the only good spots for them. Anyway, I need something smaller I can place right next to the seating area.

There is a set of KG 1.2s for sale locally I could get in a local auction that's ending tonight. 

I already have the following I could just drop in now, but I'm not sure how well they would match. 

• RB61-IIs
  • RB41-IIs
  • RS62-IIs
  • RS42-IIs
  • RX5
  • 1 academy (would need to get a 2nd and probably wouldn't be ideal but could be convinced)

• archdukeobvious changed the title to Advice for rears for Cornwalls
11 minutes ago, tragusa3 said:

In my experience, having lots of horsepower in the rear didn't make much difference...if any at all.  I had Khorns front with LaScala rear and found that I just as well use my Heresy in the rear.  My point, is don't feel like you have "less than" in the rear.  

Yeah, I'm mostly looking for what would match the sound closest to the Cornwalls. They will only be a couple feet from the listening position so I'm not super concerned with their horsepower. 

• Like 1

Well...you can't get a better match than Heresy...but that isn't an option.  I use RS62II for my sides with all Heritage elsewhere.  I have never noticed them as a problem when it comes to matching.  That said, I'm going to temporarily put in a second pair of Heresy in that roll and maybe find I didn't know what I was missing?  If so...I'll have to get real creative to fit them in.

13 minutes ago, tragusa3 said:

Well...you can't get a better match than Heresy...but that isn't an option.  I use RS62II for my sides with all Heritage elsewhere.  I have never noticed them as a problem when it comes to matching.  That said, I'm going to temporarily put in a second pair of Heresy in that roll and maybe find I didn't know what I was missing?  If so...I'll have to get real creative to fit them in.

RS62s should would be easy. I could just mount them to the back wall basically with one side pointing right next to the listening position and the other off towards the wall. What is the optimal positioning for those things anyway? 

3 hours ago, archdukeobvious said:

RS62s should would be easy. I could just mount them to the back wall basically with one side pointing right next to the listening position and the other off towards the wall. What is the optimal positioning for those things anyway? 

In a five speaker surround setup the surrounds should be slightly behind you facing you.

17 hours ago, billybob said:

The RSX-5 are wall mountable, even ceiling. How were you thinking of mounting the KG-1.2s?

It's a bedroom setup so no possibility of getting the speakers behind the bed/listening area. Definitely not ideal for speaker placement, but the cozy factor has made it the default watching area despite having a dedicated home theater and heritage 5.0 in the living room. I was just going to put the rears on night stands facing inward toward the listening position. The RS62s would be easy since mounting it on the back wall points half of the drivers in the general correct direction and doesn't take up any table space. 

• Like 1