RF-5 vs KG4.5

48n123w

none   ,  KG  4.5  is an older speaker , original  woofers are no longer available   ,   aftermarkets  including  Crites   non-original components alter the sound of klipsch speakers   , always buy klipsch parts to keep the factory sound 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 48n123w said:

I have a pair of RF-5’s and have an opportunity to pickup some KG4.5’s with Crites upgrade.

Specs seem similar, but is there any significant improvement over the RF-5?

I've had a few pair of both over the years never at the same time but the RF-5 is the significantly better speaker IMO if you want to take them up a notch find a pair of RC-7 crossovers and horn drivers gets them pretty close to RF-7 performance in a much smaller package. 

11 hours ago, OO1 said:

none   ,  KG  4.5  is an older speaker , original  woofers are no longer available   ,   aftermarkets  including  Crites   non-original components alter the sound of klipsch speakers   , always buy klipsch parts to keep the factory sound 

But what if you like the non original sound better?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I've had a few pair of both over the years never at the same time but the RF-5 is the significantly better speaker IMO if you want to take them up a notch find a pair of RC-7 crossovers and horn drivers gets them pretty close to RF-7 performance in a much smaller package. 

That RF-5 modification sounds very interesting.