Klipsch heresy rebuild kit

csajda

Is there a kit out there that I can buy to replace which should be replaced on these heresy speakers that I bought originally in 1981?

Any information on how to repair, refurbish and even test the existing components would be greatly appreciated.

New to The forum, thanks

• Like 1

Welcome!  Tell us what works and what doesn't. Have they been in storage and or not used lately. Could be something as simple as corroded connections, loose connections inside the speakers. Problem with both speakers. When did you last use them and, how did they sound? BTW,, what amp are you using, and is it working up to snuff?

Thanks @csajda

What I’d recommend is removing the back panel, locate the crossover network and unscrew and tighten each of the input/output screws on it.  That will remove years of oxidation and give a much better contact point.

The only other thing I’d recommend would be contact JEM Performance Audio or forum member @Deang in regard to replacing the original oil can capacitors with new capacitors.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, csajda said:

Is there a kit out there that I can buy to replace which should be replaced on these heresy speakers that I bought originally in 1981? 

1981 was a very special year for the Heresy , open the rear panels , let's see what you have as mids drivers , K-55V ,single or dual phase plug midrange 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 12:35 AM, csajda said:

Any information on how to repair, refurbish and even test the existing components would be greatly appreciated.

New to The forum, thanks

There should be no need for a "rebuild".  If a driver is not working it can be repaired. 

Test by putting you ear close to each driver to see if it's producing sound.  You can test DC resistance or continuity with a volt meter.  A good volt meter can detect AC voltage applied to the driver terminals to test the network, if a driver tests good, but is not playing.  That same good meter can test the network components, *IF* you can disconnect enough to test it alone. 

Finally, if they sound recessed, laid back or "polite", consider replacing the capacitors with high quality film and foil caps as they may have gone off spec enough to affect the sound. 

• Like 2