Mike Lindsey

Q-Man

I haven't heard from Mike for a while either. Last time I talked to him he was unsure of his situation here in orlando and he may currently be relocating as the company he was working for was going out of buisness or something like that. I hope everything is allright. Maybe I will give him a phone call this week and see where he has been.

EJ1.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys (and Gals),

Yeah, I haven't posted in a while because I have been out of work, and have been feverishly trying to find a job. It seems like I may have found one but am waiting to get the official offer letter in the mail.

I have also been working on my Corvette, trying to get it ready for some serious road racing, and still have a few things to do prior to running it at Sebring on 4/19. I just put some 3.73 gears in it (replacing the stock 3.45's) with a Hurst short-throw shifter, as well as some Brake Cooling Ducts and a shift light. All that's left is to get it dialed in (it's running a little rich) and a 4-wheel alignment. She sure is running strong, however.

I plan on jumping back on the board as soon as things settle down a bit. I still do a bit of reading now and then just to see what's up with you guys. I'm glad to hear I haven't been forgotten. :)

Mike

Mike,

You forgot to mention the most important thing after family and career...how's your handicap??? We up here in the Northeast are jealous of folks who get to play all year, while we patiently wait for the snow to melt on our favorite course.

Glad to see you back...

C

I know how he feels...it's been over 2 weeks since I was laid off, and I'm still waiting for word on 2 interviews I had last week. The job market just isn't what it used to be anymore, with this lousy economy.

At least he has his hobby (probably more than just a hobby, from the sound of it) to keep him occupied. Good luck at Sebring on 4/19.

Being single and without a second income coming in, I can't enjoy my hobby in audio as much as I used to, having sold the majority of my equipment and other posessions just to get by.

Hope you find work soon, Mike!

Thanks, guys! I've been looking for a job close to 3 months now, but was lucky enough to find some work with an old friend of mine until a real job (8-5) comes along. I'm writing a VB/Access application for him to manage his business, and he's paying me pretty well to do it.

In the meantime, I had 2 interviews with Oracle and they offered me a job with their HRMS team. Unfortunately, it's not official until you get the offer letter in the mail. Keep your fingers crossed. If I don't get it, I'll be selling all my stuff as well...

Mike

Hehe,

That's a mighty nice car there buddy.

I guess you don't have bose in there do ya??

i guess I beat justin to it ;)

I keep thinking I'm gonna call you one of these days to talk about having a some listening sessions but I'm so stinkin busy with school.

Oh well, I hope your job situation works out soon(that goes for you too Jim).

Peace, Josh

Mike-

Welcome back. Glad to hear things are mostly well down there. Your Chorus IIs are still purring up here in CT! And as Chickey mentioned, we have had more than enough snow up here in the NE lately, so I have had plenty of good times with them.

I hear you on job thing. I'm not in your position yet, but with the way things are happening around here, I might be. Good luck at work and with the hobby!

Rob