Energy Veritas V6.3 versus Klipsch RF-7 II

I have been super satisfied with my Energy Veritas setup (v6.3 x 2 and V5.1 x 2) and I have  never felt the urge to open my new and sealed RF 7 II in the limited walnut edition.  

Since I have the free time and space I’m thinking about trying the RF 7 II out and see if that will inspire me to find a new home for the Veritas or throw them in a spare room in my basement. 

Any of you guys had both the RF 7 II and the Veritas V6.3 or auditioned both?  

• Like 2

Yes, back now because I have more time in my life and I’ve been cleaning up stuff in my garage—these boxes sitting in the corner for years are coming back to question me. Open them and audition or sell them unopened. I guess they should fetch a fair amount since they’re 1) unopened, 2) the limited walnut release, and 3) it includes an RC 64 II also in walnut. 

I’m really surprised that nobody seems to listen to the energys anymore especially the top Veritas line. It’s been so satisfying hence I’ve never changed, auditioned anything else since these, or been inspired to change anything bec it’s been that satisfying. 

yes, I still drive my setup with the pioneer receiver. I’d like to try something different something not crazy expensive but more specialized than this to hear the resulting difference. Do you have recommendations? 

17 hours ago, billybob said:

Welcome back!

Glad you are still satisfied with your Energy.

Afraid curiosity would have worn on me about the 7s...

Guess you are using the Pioneer.

I have the RF-7 II's and the RC-64 II's so I can only talk about those. 

I have driven them with:

Seperates:

Empotiva XPA-5

Rotel RMB-1075

Rotel RMB-1095

Receivers:

Pioneer VSX 56TXi

Denon AVR-5700

If you're planning on using the RF-7's for home theater (I wouldn't... too much speaker and you're not using it's full capability.  Unless you also use your home theater for 2 channel as well) I would get a decent processor and buy a used Rotel RMB 1075 (120x5 at 8 ohms) or the Rotel RMB-1095 (if you want to just brag about headroom! 200 x 5 at 8 ohms).... these are the best amps I've been able to afford. They paired well with the RF-7ii's and the RC-64II's I have.

If you're planning on using the RF-7II's for 2 channel, I'm sure someone out there has a good recommendation for an amp.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

If you're planning on using the RF-7II's for 2 channel, I'm sure someone out there has a good recommendation for an amp.

I own a pair of RF7 II in Walnut as well, they´re quiet rare in europe, that´s where I life. I re-designed my RF7 II a bit , optical and technical .  Pics ´re from my previouse apartment.

LCRSideview.thumb.jpg.a8f7596cc8ec6362382ae6d7d80c3433.jpg

LRCFrontview2.thumb.jpg.36771e67d027b58d51a818da766576ef.jpg

other bi wire terminals

EvoTerminalkk.thumb.jpg.ade68cfbed630bdc432c2c2fee21e937.jpg

these´re my diy bi wire external x-over

EvoPhase6.8.thumb.jpg.a7cbb21bce73bb19b9da3d44ff54d565.jpg

I have different options to power them up . With a Marantz integrated PM 11-S3 SS , Cayin Tube Monos 929 D, Italien GoldNote M9 Class D Monos and different Pre Amp options as well . With a solid transistor amp they sound very good , with a Class D Solution they sound much better than a transisitor amp, they´ll shot you into heaven using a tube solution , should have approx. 50 W /8 Ohm , maybe a KT 88 Amp integrated or tube pre and power stage like I have as well. But it´s w/out using the RC 64 Center , so a multichannel solution requires another amp. But I don´t want forget to mention that the origin RF7 II have a great soundstage even w/out the center speaker .   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iteachstem said:

I have the RF-7 II's and the RC-64 II's so I can only talk about those. 

I have driven them with:

Seperates:

Empotiva XPA-5

Rotel RMB-1075

Rotel RMB-1095

Receivers:

Pioneer VSX 56TXi

Denon AVR-5700

If you're planning on using the RF-7's for home theater (I wouldn't... too much speaker and you're not using it's full capability.  Unless you also use your home theater for 2 channel as well) I would get a decent processor and buy a used Rotel RMB 1075 (120x5 at 8 ohms) or the Rotel RMB-1095 (if you want to just brag about headroom! 200 x 5 at 8 ohms).... these are the best amps I've been able to afford. They paired well with the RF-7ii's and the RC-64II's I have.

Thanks for the reply, I truly appreciate the opportunity to learn.  A bit of this is beyond me for example I have no idea what a processor is.  Is that like a DAC?  Currently I am using these V6.3 (two up front), with a Klipsch R-112SW Sub and two bookshelf Energy Veritas V5.1 at the rear.  If I audition my RF 7 II I’d like to just swap them out with the V6.3 and perhaps audition them without the RC 64 II then add that in and see what happens.  So I’d need to keep my current Pioneer Receiver or opt for something else like the Rotel RMB-1555—what do you think of that piece?  

Any idea what the RF 7 II will put out two channel with a cheapo Bluetooth amp like the Fosi Audio BT20A?  Has anyone attempted something so minimalistic with the RF 7 II?  

Will leave for the moment others to explain their recc's.

As satisfied as you are with your positive synergy with your Energy/Pioneer experience, at least you can come back to it if, you try your 7s. Would decide then if you want to open at some point. A buyer may well want to buy unopened, but then again others will like to see and hear, inspect. Some value and desire for the center and the 7s remains. 

The Energy Take 2 bookshelves from earlier I had and found those really decent. Klipsch has owned(?)that brand since 06.

Would keep the Pioneer then to power the Klipsch to see how they pair up together.

Care should be taken to not damage the new 7s as they are large and heavy, of course.

Just my take, so far.

BTW, would take pics of your factory sealed boxes as could use some later.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ruralmontana said:

I have no idea what a processor is

The brains of the operation.  Basically when you go to separates, you split what your receiver is doing into two sections.  A processor to take the signal from your dvd/bluray.computer, etc and turn it into a 5.1/7.1/ etc. signal.  Then, from your processor you run wires to the multichannel amplifier.  The advantages are 1) As the industry keeps changing sound formats so they can sell you new gear, you can upgrade your processor and not have to update your amp(s).  2) The amp is usually much higher quality than any found in your mid to upper level receiver.

This is my processor (Integra brand) and you can see the power amps below and above.  I hope this helps.

IMG_0551.jpg

On 1/22/2024 at 3:42 PM, Iteachstem said:

The brains of the operation.  Basically when you go to separates, you split what your receiver is doing into two sections.  A processor to take the signal from your dvd/bluray.computer, etc and turn it into a 5.1/7.1/ etc. signal.  Then, from your processor you run wires to the multichannel amplifier.  The advantages are 1) As the industry keeps changing sound formats so they can sell you new gear, you can upgrade your processor and not have to update your amp(s).  2) The amp is usually much higher quality than any found in your mid to upper level receiver.

This is my processor (Integra brand) and you can see the power amps below and above.  I hope this helps.

IMG_0551.jpg

Interesting, this is so much bigger than I imagined.  Definitely not like a DAC, those things are small.  How much complexity with wires and routing of them does this add to a 5.1 system vs just having an amp or a receiver?  And what do people with amps or this setup use to switch between their inputs like tv, ps5, phone/iPad streaming etc?  

On 1/22/2024 at 8:43 AM, billybob said:

Will leave for the moment others to explain their recc's.

As satisfied as you are with your positive synergy with your Energy/Pioneer experience, at least you can come back to it if, you try your 7s. Would decide then if you want to open at some point. A buyer may well want to buy unopened, but then again others will like to see and hear, inspect. Some value and desire for the center and the 7s remains. 

The Energy Take 2 bookshelves from earlier I had and found those really decent. Klipsch has owned(?)that brand since 06.

Would keep the Pioneer then to power the Klipsch to see how they pair up together.

Care should be taken to not damage the new 7s as they are large and heavy, of course.

Just my take, so far.

BTW, would take pics of your factory sealed boxes as could use some later.

I’ve actually been thinking of this, the dilemma to safely remove them from their boxes.  Hardwood floors here, it’s ideal to put a blanket on the floor and open the box from the top or bottom and invert and pull up?  

As beautiful as MicroMara’s post above of these walnut 7s I’m probably going to lean toward opening these and swapping them into my system to audition.  

• Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 6:49 AM, MicroMara said:

I own a pair of RF7 II in Walnut as well, they´re quiet rare in europe, that´s where I life. I re-designed my RF7 II a bit , optical and technical .  Pics ´re from my previouse apartment.

LCRSideview.thumb.jpg.a8f7596cc8ec6362382ae6d7d80c3433.jpg

LRCFrontview2.thumb.jpg.36771e67d027b58d51a818da766576ef.jpg

other bi wire terminals

EvoTerminalkk.thumb.jpg.ade68cfbed630bdc432c2c2fee21e937.jpg

these´re my diy bi wire external x-over

EvoPhase6.8.thumb.jpg.a7cbb21bce73bb19b9da3d44ff54d565.jpg

I have different options to power them up . With a Marantz integrated PM 11-S3 SS , Cayin Tube Monos 929 D, Italien GoldNote M9 Class D Monos and different Pre Amp options as well . With a solid transistor amp they sound very good , with a Class D Solution they sound much better than a transisitor amp, they´ll shot you into heaven using a tube solution , should have approx. 50 W /8 Ohm , maybe a KT 88 Amp integrated or tube pre and power stage like I have as well. But it´s w/out using the RC 64 Center , so a multichannel solution requires another amp. But I don´t want forget to mention that the origin RF7 II have a great soundstage even w/out the center speaker .   

Your setup is beautiful but I wonder how you could have these in an apartment and not be evicted?  Even in a condo without getting warning letters from the association would be beyond my mind.  I’m more tempted than ever to open mine up and audition them than just trying to sell them as sealed units as they are now.  

What is this VIABLUE?  You have your 7s  biamped?  

• Like 1

A receiver is just a processor and an amp in one. Some call a processor a pre-amp. Those two items are called separates. You can upgrade your pre-amp and still use the amp, or vice versa. Separates usually sound better than a receiver. 

Would look here and Google searching unboxing rf7s.

Meantime, think some open the bottom first, stand upright, and slowly lift box off of speaker. There will be grilled and other items inside as well. Unless you have help, likely recc., a good plan in place. Another is using a box razor and cutting at near the bottom around speaker. Then the care lifting off speaker. Yes @MicroMara an inspiration here for many.

Other ideas welcomed...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruralmontana said:

Your setup is beautiful but I wonder how you could have these in an apartment and not be evicted?  Even in a condo without getting warning letters from the association would be beyond my mind.  I’m more tempted than ever to open mine up and audition them than just trying to sell them as sealed units as they are now.  

What is this VIABLUE?  You have your 7s  biamped?  

Indeed , the walnut RF 7 II are the most beautiful RF´s ever built by Klipsch . These´re the origins

rf7mkii.thumb.jpg.bae5fe48a4df7d60be31bea7ee8f53ef.jpg

Here´s a pic how to unbox them , it´s from the owners manual

rf7iiunboxing.thumb.png.15c87ee0802051c3e6891b7bdc3feb8c.png

The " ViaBlue Terminal is a german one, du to my re-design works it wasn´t possible to use the origin Terminal again.

ViaBlueTerminal.jpg.0ae86c8307d98159d44b597a8757cf05.jpg

That´s the origin Klipsch

rf7iiterminal.thumb.jpg.e118db7b32f9f4cbdd623edf9131ec22.jpg

And Yes I bi-amp them either with the ss amp, the class D or the tube monos. The best acoustical solution is to use the tube monos for the high pass and the class D for the low pass. That´s ultra stunning

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ruralmontana said:

Your setup is beautiful but I wonder how you could have these in an apartment and not be evicted?  Even in a condo without getting warning letters from the association would be beyond my mind.

😂 quiet funny ....AH ...they don´t need much power to reproduce a real impressive soundstage and 3 D holographic sound image in your listening room . Normal listening room levels around 70 dBA are fine , but I must admit that I´m a kind of audioholic since my youth , that´s why I have this range of different audio gear .

• Like 1

I’m finally moving my speakers out of the back corner of my garage and into the house to unbox. Sadly I have anything great to audition them yet except my pioneer sc-1323 or my audioengine N22 desktop amp. 

how is everyone getting photos to go through on this board? My google drive images just insert as links without the image displaying. And iPhone doesn’t natively support resizing images without another app and the 2mb limit seems incapable for the phone to restrain itself to during image capture. 

Edited by ruralmontana
  • Like 1